pointless forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

J12BDM

:lol: This retort was wonderful

I'm fairly new too this forum and think it's fantastic, informative and very friendly thumbs up to the mods who look after it
:clap::clap::worship::worship::coolthumb:coolthumb

PS and all the people who contribute too it

Yeah I'm going to second that, I think this forum is great and far from "pointless" as the title describes.

I was a bit miffed that there was no classified section when I joined but I can understand why.

At the end of the day if you want spare parts do what everyone else does and look for them yourself! I have even seen posts on here directing people towards ebay members who regularly break leons.

Mods: Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job!

Joe: If you don't like the forum you don't have to look at it, most other owners clubs charge people to gain access to certain areas. There is loads of info, advice on here for free! You could always pay to host your own leon forum with a classified section!?

sssstew

Editing your spelling
tbh all the mods to a great job in keeping these forums fit and healthy, and keeping my pet hate away... the annoying 'txt spk' youngsters!

Indeed, i got to a point of just deleting threads in txt speak, saying learn to write or something. Used to edit them at the start, and still do if i feel nice, but the number of those has dropped down which is great.

*thread moved*

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Depends.

It needs some investment in my time. I don't have much at the moment.

The software licence I've already bought, I just need time to install, customise & tailor a template for it.

oldskool

ok, im the same with ebay ripping me off , loads of bits ready to sell and hopefully pick some parts up off here.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
What about other members taking the parts for sale section on board. Moderating kinda thing.

Sorry but there are plenty of ways of not being ripped off. Common sense is most of it. That's the only thing this site lacks which is a shame. There are other much larger sites that have it and is a very good way to build confidence amongst the users.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I know that it will require actually putting it back on the site but the biggest thing I would have thought would deffo be the moderation of it.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
You know there's this superb thing I found called google, it's amazing, takes you to places that sell stuff other than ebay? What's with that? :D

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
You know there's this superb thing I found called google, it's amazing, takes you to places that sell stuff other than ebay? What's with that? :D

No **** Sherlock.

It's things like this that piss people off the most, asking genuine questions and some one trying to be a big shot by making stupid comments.

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Not at all mate lol

It just does my head in a bit when I'm trying to have a decent conversation with someone and someone else pops in with a half arsed attempt at being a smart ass.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Its possibly bacause this very same convo has reared its head time and time again since the classifieds closure and it does get a bit tiresome after a while. now as for people still trying to sell parts, yes, it still happens, and the posts are generally deleted as soon as they are seen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.