polished engine covers

Jun 19, 2007
polished engine covers+ my inlet covers (project)

is there anywhere i can get hese for my cupra? ive seen quite afew people have them and i recon the look quite nice but can find anywhere that does them.
regards
oli

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2007
my engine cover is white and black so i dont know is chrome will suit it or jut to powercoat most things black.

Jun 19, 2007
metal polished covers want one for my intel just wondering if there was anyone the does these.
i could get them made up im sure.

Jun 19, 2007
haha sorry, inlet.
i though these had covers on them. will these just sand down and polish up?

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
inlet manifold and rocker cover are the most popular ones to do, also the charge pipe. I'm sure there are plently of people on here with piccies of theirs. I'm really liking powder coating at the moment.

May 2, 2006
haha sorry, inlet.
i though these had covers on them. will these just sand down and polish up?

with ALOT of elbow grease yes
better just getting someone to do it, make sure you pick a good polisher though, some iv seen look PANTS !! some look awesome ....

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
where did you find that nick been looking for months on ebay and not seen that
but i have got a spare off ebay for £10 so i can polish up mine

Jun 19, 2007
yer i think i am just going to get the inlet done at the moment as my engine cover will be staying on but i will want some other goodies done also i think.
i did my saxo rockers myself that took quite abit of polishing but looked good in the end i might have a go at it myself, i used and electric sander and lots of autosol polish on my saxo
Photo-0130_026.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah but look how easy that is to polish up.

You can do the inlet top and side faces easy, but if you want to do all the runners etc.. then it takes ages. And dont even get me started on the rocker!

My inlet is mint, but the rocker which i bought on ebay is rough as hell, but its coming off soon to get redone with everything flushed on it.

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
phil where did you get that lower cover from my orininal is missing and that would look pretty cool as a replacement
by that i mean the bit that goes around the dip stick!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2007
i thought i may aswell have a go myself started last night and did about 3 hours on it just using course sand paper and wet fine sandpaper. it will look goood when done just going to take quite abit of time.
taken off engine cover, tools sorts (beers and fags)
Photo-0404_000.jpg

about 2 hours of sanding
Photo-0406_002.jpg

3-4 hours of sanding.
Photo-0405_001.jpg

going to be doing this most nights now and will probs do rocker cover aswell and chargepipe.