Poor customer service

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
So car in for service & recall, I mentioned paint coming off one of the rear parking sensor's in multiple places, also complained brake caliper clicking, had same problem last year with caliper & dealer lubricated carrier, this resolved issue until now.
Got the following reply from dealer, which also cover's other issues I had, car is 21 months old & done 19k miles

We have adjusted the gear selector cables to prevent the gear knob from popping up as in the video, The high level brake light has been replaced with a modified part so it is a complete new washer jet so that will no longer leak, we have removed and cleaned up the front brake pads FOC under goodwill so again that should rectify the clicking/grinding noise from the brakes, If it does reoccur it will be due to the mileage and a build-up of brake dust and dirt within the calipers and will be chargeable as brakes front and rear are a serviceable item.

With regards to the rear parking sensors, Unfortunately we won't be able to process that under warranty the marks on the sensor are chips possibly due to an outside influence and Warranty will not class them as a manufacturing defect.

Not happy at all, I know dealer following protocol, but its not good enough.

Last edited:

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Does sound like a bit of a fob off, did you discuss it with the dealer ?? might be worth taking it higher within Seat.

I would be interested to know more about the gear knob popping up issue you've had, mine does that in reverse and is going back to the dealer next week. They couldn't fix it last time and now it's booked in for their master tech to look at it.

Last edited:

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
Yes, my was gear lever was popping up in reverse, once car started to reverse, never jumped out of gear though, also first gear hard to select sometimes.

Last edited:

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Yes, my was gear lever was popping up in reverse, I=once car started to reverse, never jumped out of gear though, also first gear hard to select sometimes.

Thats exactly what mine is doing, did they manage to fix it on your car ?

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
OK thanks, sorry to hijack your original thread. I hope the dealer responds to your concerns when you collect your car.

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
Signs are mixed, not jumped in reverse but 1st to 2nd is rougher, will monitor, parking sensor I have escalated to Seat UK but waste of time.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I wouldn't have expected a different response from the one given regarding the parking sensor. Any idea how it occured?

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
I don't know as its only one affected and its on the rear so defo not impact damage plus there are no dings on or around sensor.