Porsche Boxter brakes?

Lee_Cupra

Is anyone else running therese and are they pretty much a straight fit or do they need custom fitting?

Do the calipers bolt straight to the hub or do they need carriers making up?

Lastly is there any speciffic boxter they need to come off or will any model do?

Cheers fellas!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
most common one is the boxster S brakes as these are the same as 911 carrera 2's so the most popular ones available

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Lee,
I have the Boxster s rear calipers fitted to my Leon - superb :D, you will need custom carriers to allow fitting onto standard hub.
I also fitted 10mm spacers to allow me to keep my 17" FR alloys
Very easy to install but the bleeding was a pain!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
boxter-s if same as 996 rears are shockingly bad on LC
terrible hard pedal feel as the piston sizes are too small for the master cylinder

fitted some to an LC and they were abysmal, far worse than a std caliper 312mm setup

beware.. just cos it says porsche on them does'nt make them correctly spec'd for your car

akz

Jun 18, 2009
a would have thought they might need a bit of custom fitting?

Muckipup

Have a look over at the Octavia Mk2 section of the Briskoda.net site where I posted a write-up and 'How to' for Porsche 986 front callipers as a cheaper option to many available out there. Search for 'Porsche Brembo 4-pot callipers on VRS' as I am unable to post hyperlinks (perhaps some kind person could do this for me)

future

Dec 18, 2010
i have to agree with bill here, tried boxster s rears on the fronts and they were awful! so flogged them and managed to pick up some cayene 6 pots cheap :) if your gonna do it use the fronts from c2's/boxster s'.

tom

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise