Porsche Brembo with Heat Shield issue

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
I have just finished fitting my Porsche Boxter callipers and Cupra R disks (305mm). My problem is that the disks just touch the heat shield behind them. I have pushed them back pretty much as far as they will go.

If anyone has experienced the same problem or has any advice it would really be appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
I'll check mine in the morning for you but I think mine were actually removed. What pads have you got? I've got Mintex for mine and I'm not that impressed with them tbh.

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
Cheers, i was thinking along the lines of just removing them just wasnt sure what effect it would have.

Ive got standard Porsche ones, i got them from GSF and they told me that they were exactly what Porsche fit as they came out of the factory. Unfortunately i have only just finished fitting them so i cant tell if they are very good or not.

Chris

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
why is it that you remove it for the 305mm conversion, but not for the 312mm ones? Is it because the 312 ones are 25mm thick and the 305 28mm? So the 3mm makes all that difference?

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
Same when I fitted my Brembo's, the shield had to be removed. Not sure whether it is because of the extra thickness of the disc or the disc sits further towards the centre of the car.

Pete

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I have just finished fitting my Porsche Boxter callipers and Cupra R disks (305mm). My problem is that the disks just touch the heat shield behind them. I have pushed them back pretty much as far as they will go.

If anyone has experienced the same problem or has any advice it would really be appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris

you remove the shield.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
why is it that you remove it for the 305mm conversion, but not for the 312mm ones? Is it because the 312 ones are 25mm thick and the 305 28mm? So the 3mm makes all that difference?

offsets of disks differ, 305mm are more inset than 312mm which are flatter

JJ_arosa

dont want to open another thread more or less same topic.

when i changed my pads, i had to shave 2mm off each side :S

im running cupra r front disks with porsche 4 pot brambos (rear of a boxter s)

are there pads that fit without shaving them ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.