Porsche Design 90 Wheels

Righttoe

100% Welsh *******
Jul 21, 2008
Bexleyheath, UK
Hi all, sorry if its been asked before but couldn't find info on search, but looking for a set of D90 wheels for my cupra, i know its been done alot but it does look goooooood and nobody round here has it so what the hell!

Few questions -

1. Been looing at sizes, 6J fronts and 8J rears sound about right? or have other people got different?

2. Adapters are 4x100 to 5x130 yes? if so what sorter spacer size have you guys gone for?

3. What would you say would be a decent second hand price for 4 with tires in good nick? Around £250 mark?

Cheers

Mike :)

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
1. I have 6J fronts and 8J rears for mine.

2. Yes 4x100 to 5x130, but I too would like to know which width spacers are best.

3. I paid £200 without tyres for mine and mine are in good nick.

Ravey_Cupra

Jan 16, 2010
Here, there and everywhere ;)
1. Currently running 8J all round but got a pair of 9J for the rear - will get a pic of how they sit up for you soon

2.Correct - 4x100 to 5x130 (Venom are prob your best place to get them from), im using 25mm on the front and 30mm on the rear

3. All 3 sets of mine have cost me varying amounts, with and without tyres. Best thing to do is watch E-bay like a hawk and also look on ED38 and Wheel *****s for sets

Hope this helps

Ravey_Cupra

Jan 16, 2010
Fronts have about 5mm of poke and rears sit flush with arches :

DSC00230.jpg

My 9J rears will give me about 1" of poke :

Poke.jpg

10" from lip to lip :

9D90.jpg

(not sure why the pic is on its side :confused: )

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Why are these wheels so popular? Not my cuppa tbh, dont think they had anything to the mk3 and have been done to death. They do look good on the mk3 golfs though

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
i would also like to know what size adapters are needed, ive had a good search but cant find anything for the width i have i have j6 fronts and j8 rear so would i need 20mm spacers, or 25?

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
You need to say what offset the 6j and 8j rims are. Ive got 7j fronts with 25mm spacer and 8j rears with a 30mm spacer.
I think 20mm spacers on the front and 30mm on the rear will give it a nice bit of stagger.

Dont forget new wheel bolts needed aswell m14 x 1.5

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Both the 6J and 8J of mine are ET52, so do you think 20mm fronts and 30mm rears would work?

The 20mm spacers will make the fronts et32 so stick out 3mm more than a standard ibiza wheel. Then the 8j rears will be et22 but 2inches wider than a standard wheel so should stick out nicely.

Ive got 30mm spacers for my 8j wheels but they havent been fitted yet. "Ravey Cupra" will have 30mm adapter on a 9j wheel and you can see the poke he will have.

micka

Mar 30, 2010
borbets

i can get hold of some borbets they are 16" 9j all round, will the rears still require spacers to make them level with the front alloys, if so what mm spacers?

with a 30mm spacer would i need longer studs etc...

appreciated guys.

Samoose

ravey i need those 9s in my life badly :(
i've been looking for some for sooo long (2years to be precise) but still no luck :(

Ravey_Cupra

Jan 16, 2010
ravey i need those 9s in my life badly :(
i've been looking for some for sooo long (2years to be precise) but still no luck :(

So do I - searched for almost 3 years for a pair that werent overly expensive.

Ive seen numerous pairs on E-Bay for £500+ and a pair in Germany for £600 plus shipping.

They will be going on within the next few weeks so will have my spares (all 8 of them) being refurbed in various colours i think.

My current collection of D90s consists of :

2 x 7J
2 x 7.5J
6 x 8J
2 x 9J

Also got a set of Compomotive Evolution 2s in 15x6J that i ran for a short while - only ever seen 2 sets for sale !

djcupra

I ran 7j fronts and 8j rears all with 20mm spacers (not sure on et) they all sat spot on all had 195/45 tyres so rears had a good strech but not too much, also ran a bit of adverse camber on rears so just tucked in, otherwise they were borderline on the rears when i wound down the coilys.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members