post code sat nav?

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
How easy is it to program the sat nav with the post code? couldn't program the car and my back up one couldn't find the GPS!

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
You have to juggle between text and numbers and space bar; a right pain but it mostly works.
Once it refused to allow the last two text inputs.
Tony

Raymondo111

Apr 6, 2015
Not a post code problem but if I want to switch off the sat nav once I have started a journey is there a simple way to do this? A typical scenario would be I need to negotiate some back streets once I leave visitors having put in my home address but once out of the back streets and on the main road/motorway I know where I am going so I need to stop the lady from telling me what way to go LOL

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Not a post code problem but if I want to switch off the sat nav once I have started a journey is there a simple way to do this? A typical scenario would be I need to negotiate some back streets once I leave visitors having put in my home address but once out of the back streets and on the main road/motorway I know where I am going so I need to stop the lady from telling me what way to go LOL

If you have the MFD on Nav (the display in the middle of the dials) scroll up or down on the right steering wheel scroller and you'll be asked if you want to cancel guidance, press down on the scroller to confirm.

I find this best as you don't need to take your hands off the wheel to stab at the touch screen.

Raymondo111

Apr 6, 2015
I knew some clever people would know how to do this!! Two options wow, I wonder how many other tips are lurking in the background.

Cheers guys much appreciated

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
If you have the MFD on Nav (the display in the middle of the dials) scroll up or down on the right steering wheel scroller and you'll be asked if you want to cancel guidance, press down on the scroller to confirm.

I find this best as you don't need to take your hands off the wheel to stab at the touch screen.

Alternatively you could just press the voice button on the steering wheel and say "Navigation" and then say "Stop route guidance".

Last edited:

dsr

Nov 1, 2014
Norwich
Not answering your question but you could, of course, mute her. Once I was very glad I did this when forced to divert into unknown territory.

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Not answering your question but you could, of course, mute her. Once I was very glad I did this when forced to divert into unknown territory.

Is there an easy way to do this without also muting the music? So far I have only been able to turn down the sat nav voice when it is actually speaking; not actually mute it. Couldn't see it in the manual so be interested if you know how to do this?

Thanks

dsr

Nov 1, 2014
Norwich
Is there an easy way to do this without also muting the music? So far I have only been able to turn down the sat nav voice when it is actually speaking; not actually mute it. Couldn't see it in the manual so be interested if you know how to do this

Annoyingly, to completely mute you have to go into the menu; otherwise, the lady remains on at a low level. You can do that at any time, but only alter the volume (as you say) while announcements are in progress. Another of those badly thought out things.

dsr

Nov 1, 2014
Norwich
Silly me. Correcting myself, you CAN change the volume level from the menu whenever you wish - but it is another of those driving safety reduction events.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.