powder coating alloys

cbrewer28

Feb 16, 2009
poole, dorset
hey guys lookin at gettin my alloys powder coated. I have a black ibiza cupra. First of all ive bin quoted £150 for all 4 wheels which i think is prity gd. And second i duno wot colour 2 get them coated. Any ideas from u guys would be a big help.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
first of all...where did you get a quote like that?>

is that acid dripped, tyres off, refurbed then powder coated? if so...thats a great price...got quote for 150 just for refurb and painted finish

for black car....either go black...so its stealth...or go anthracite...just my 2 p!

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
£150 is a dirt cheap price, are you sure that is correct??

Most places charge around £65 per wheel, thats a complete refurb and powdercoat to any desired colour.

Personally i would be different and go with a trick colour of your choice, something unique, try looking at the VW boys for some inspiration as they seem to be adventurous with their colour scemes

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
would say 150 is a good price for just a painted finished...i have been quoted £220+ for powder coating finish

make sure you check their process..

think matt white can look good on black, but would still go for matt black and be stealthy

cbrewer28

Feb 16, 2009
poole, dorset
thanks for the input guys. Its a friend of a friend doing it. Havent got full details of how the process is done like being acid dropped. but it is tyres on and off refurb and powdercoat.

not to sure about going black on black for the colours tho. maybe like a gunmetal or something any1 had theres done and got PICS so i can have a look !!!

cbrewer28

Feb 16, 2009
poole, dorset
"Personally i would be different and go with a trick colour of your choice, something unique, try looking at the VW boys for some inspiration as they seem to be adventurous with their colour scemes"

What is a good website to look at the vw owners like you say above

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.