Power Steering Problem (Feels Light)

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
Hello All, I would appreacite some advice.

I'm experiencing promblems with power steering , I drive a 13 plate 2.0TDI FR, 27,000. As of lately my power steering has been going through stages where it feels as light as a feather no matter the speed. I do the same journey to work everyday and when on the duel carriage at 70mp it's feels unsafe.

It's been doing this for over a week, then suddenly one morning while pulling out of my drive the steering felt more weighted and performed fine for two days. Today however it once again feels as light as a feather. I have tried and experimented with all modes, I did recently have two new front tyres fitted and tyre pressure has been checked.

I have noticed when very slowly steering the wheel left to right while stationary there seems to be a click sound at roughly the same spots, not sure if this was there before as it's not very evident and need to listen closely.

Please Help!!!

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
I was thinking it could be the power steering control unit. Would this not show up as a fault on my dash? Does anybody know the costs involved to repair this?

I'm going to book the car in with Seat...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members