Prefacelift compatible with facelift Head & Taillights?

Feb 19, 2024
So I got a 2017 Leon ST, unfortunately it is a pre facelift and the headlights (LED) are just awful. From what I can gather the Facelift headlights are identical in shape and size but I'm unsure if internals are wired the same. . Same goes for taillights' but I just like the looks of the facelift Taillights' more.

Hope someone can chip in with an answer here.

Thank you for helping out much appreciated.

Feb 2, 2024
if the shape and size are the same for the facelift version, there's a good chance the wiring might be similar too.

Feb 19, 2024
Okay so I stumbled upon a post that touched on this subject. For clarification on future posters I'll leave a link for the thread.

The answers here is when you already have LED Head & taillights' on your pre facelift.

Headlights conversion:

It can be done but it is quite costly. Let alone the pricing of the headlights from what I understand a new bumper and bonnet is also needed, wiring is very much different but this is more in concerns to the auto leveling and control of the headlights so a few things will also be needed for that. All in all from what I can calculate parts wise a mix of used and new will probably run up to around 3000 Euro. Then there is stil pricing of mounting/installation if not done by yourself, coding, centering and levelling of the headlights which requires special camera equipment. Way too costly/ out of my league.

Taillight's conversion:

Should be a direct plug and play according to the thread linked, I will have a go at it when I get my hands on a set of Facelift taillights.

So I got a 2017 Leon ST, unfortunately it is a pre facelift and the headlights (LED) are just awful. From what I can gather the Facelift headlights are identical in shape and size but I'm unsure if internals are wired the same. . Same goes for taillights' but I just like the looks of the facelift Taillights' more.

Hope someone can chip in with an answer here.

Thank you for helping out much appreciated.
Wiring and control is completely different for facelift headlights. Far from plug and play

Feb 19, 2024
Wiring and control is completely different for facelift headlights. Far from plug and play
Yup I found a post that clarified that, see my previous response but thanks for helping out much appreciated.

I also want to thank you for your site, Looking to take a trip out to you guys and have a few modifications done 17 hour trip. Looking forward to do business with you guys.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I've had/have both pre-face lift and face lift cars. Yes, the lights are bad but the later ones are only slightly better and it's only really high-beam that's noticeable. Dipped beam is very similar. There is no way I'd spend the money involved for what is only a very slight improvement.

Reactions: H Rafiq
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.