premium fuel

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
i know its been done guys but after a strait wuick answer.

my leon cupras been run on normal unleaded for a while now and ive decided that the premium is the way to go after reading about it.

whats best and how much extra is it gonna cost for a tank to what better return in mpg?

if we say average driving at 30mpg normal with 95ron

does the car feel better, smoother etc

cheers fellas

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
ive just started useing the preium petrol from bp and yes the car fells quicker and a lot smoother

Aug 24, 2007
Tesco 99. About £57 a tank but driven sensibly my mpg is mid 30's

Car runs sweet as a nut.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
i use V power too, i have noticed a difference in performance, the car does seem more responsive and pulls harder imo, getting about 25mpg on average, bit heavy footed sometimes though

The reg 95ron is Sh!t, my car feels like a bag of spuds when i use it.In ireland u can either use 95ron or Vpower, big selection i know!!

V power here is about 20c more expensive than 95ron, but i reckon its worth it.

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
I can't say I noticed much of a difference until the remap. After the remap though, it misfires above 5000rpm on 95 RON unleaded.

sebasti0n

Nov 6, 2006
normally use V power, but due to the lack of grip out there at the moment and the fact that since thte cold weather the Fuel consumption has dropped to what I was getting with premium, I decided to fill up with premium until the weather improves....

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i tend to stick to v power... as its full of detergents that keep the engine clean.

the higher ron will give you more miles per gallon so youll get futher too:blink:

unless you boot it;)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i've always used V-Power and the car runs miles better on it
i'm on my 2nd tank of tesco 99 to help lower emissions a bit more before MOT at start of jan

can't say im impressed, car doesnt seem to like it
be straight back on V-Power once MOTs passed

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Only ever ran on V Power with maybe the odd bit of BP Ultimate if no Shell garage is close.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Either V Power, Optimax or Tesco 99RON if needs be - but again that's because of my remap. It does make a difference, definitely worth the extra couple of quid a tank.

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
i've always used V-Power and the car runs miles better on it
i'm on my 2nd tank of tesco 99 to help lower emissions a bit more before MOT at start of jan

can't say im impressed, car doesnt seem to like it
be straight back on V-Power once MOTs passed

I've filled up with Tesco 99 a couple of times - my LCR didn't seem to like it much either.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
i do think its strange how each car is different and like different fuels can see why we call our cars female no wonder we refer to them as "her" lol

bloody pains and odd

Last edited:

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
besides the obvious the return on premium fuel is good and it works out cheaper using premium althought spending 5p more per litre than using 95 ron.

Using 95 i managed to squeeze out 26 mpg on my LCR town driving anf about 28 on the motorway
Using 99 i managed to squeeze out 29 mpg on my LCR town driving and about 35 on the motorway

Our work place has 2 LCs Revod, my LCR 210, and a revo'd ibiza cupra and were all getting similar results. So in the long run 5p more per litre works out cheaper

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
I have tried using all the fuels - V power, Tesco 99, Sainsburys 97 and 95. I ran about 2k miles on V Power, 3k miles on 'super' and then the last 3k miles on standard due to the pertrol prices and me struggling at the moment.

I have a standard LCR and to be honest I have really noticed no difference at all - in fact I can get more miles out the tank now than I did when using V Power.

Each car is different and everyone thinks differently.

I think unless your car is remapped and your car needs the top stuff, there is not much difference in them all.

Adcupr

mike!
finally someone hits the nail on the head!
i too have tried all of the fuels and you are so right if its a standard car and you don't spend your whole journey on the rev limiter then 95's fine. 97, 98, 99 ,100????? your not going to gain much, and with the prices what they are your not going to gain in ya pocket either. theres plenty to choose from , just stay away from the supermarket stuff!!! even though they come from the same refineries as the big brands, they recieve a completely different and minimal recipe of additives before they are loaded in to the tanker.