Pressed metal plates - Adhesive on number plate surround

Sep 22, 2020
I have just picked up a new 70 plate 2019 Seat Leon Cupra 290.

I have my personalised registration on metal pressed plates ready to go on car. The rear number plate area on car is not of a painted finish and has The black plastic area.

I have always stuck my pressed plates on with the adhesive pads on previous cars where finish has been Painted.

do adhesive pads work on this black plastic Or likely not grip properly. Reluctant to drill the pressed plates as ruins the look on my opinion.
Fronts I’m not concerned about as appears to be painted finish on front.

any experience/ guidance with this Would be appreciated before I need to consider drilling the rear plate

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
If you are using sticky pads that are intended to be used externally, then I can't see why they wouldn't work. I never drill my plates - looks better and they won't delaminate over a period of time due to the damage that the drill bit causes as it chews its way through the plate.

Sep 22, 2020
Thanks, yeah I am hoping they will be fine. Same pads I have used before and they stuck good on painted finish. Just wasn’t sure with the textured plastic on rear surround with hold capacity

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.