Mckellar

my plate holder on the back:

14102007149.jpg

David.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
After looking at the plates on the above pics and hearing that neither has had any problems from the plod, i think i will be fine as the plates ive ordered are:

Reflective (like normal plates),
UK font
GB Banding.

The SEAT plate holder ive ordered is different to the ones above, mine is like this:

SeatNumberPlateHolder.jpg

But i like it and think it looks good. And it will look better than drilling holes into the plates and having screws showing.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Got my plates and holders today. I cant wait getting them onto the car!!

The rear plate is a slightly darker shade of yellow but they look sooooo good.

Right should i put any of the sticky strip things onto the back of the plate to secure it onto the plate holder? Or onto the plate holder to secure it to the car??

Im interested to see what people have done.

darrenh

...soon to have new shoes
Mar 30, 2005
Cambs
www.myspace.com
The 'yellow' one is more orange than yellow I think :)

My plate holder is secured onto the car (screws I think) then i've got stickys holding the plates on. I'd use velcro though, that won't matter about getting wet ;)

Mckellar

yeah, my suurounds screw in where the originsl holes in the bodywork are

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
did you add anything extra (sticky pads etc) to either the plate or the holder for extra strength?

no i didnt, juse as above drilled the holder into place. i drilled the front holes into the bumper too ...wasnt too happy about doing that but didnt want sticky anything on my bumper anymore as the person before used glue!!

david, wish i got that holder now ... :( ive got the plane ones.

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Mine are on order £35 2 x plates, surrounds and postage. Thought i got a good deal. Will i be able to screw the surrounds on with the old plastic screws currently on there, i ask because they have quite a thick head size ?
They will be the same look as david_mckellar's.

chris27

Jun 30, 2007
bit ott but has anyone got any other pics of their car with the spanish style font rather than german?

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
just ordered a set tonight, i got pulled for my plate a month ago 30 quid fine. incorrect spacing. pah. still i ordered mine with proper spacing gb font and gb badge, fingers crossed the plod don't do me for these ones, they look the tits though.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
My reg is only 5 symbols... do they make the plates shorter or are they the standard length?

I wouldnt want long ones.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.