price comparison

jacob2787

Can someone from the UK tell me how much it costs them in USD or Pounds to install an Upsolute chip in their car plus an air filter, roughly?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Here's a link to their site with prices.

http://www.upsolute.com/content/blogcategory/17/36/lang,en/

A lot of people on this site get their cars remapped by companies such as Revo, P-Torque or Custom Code.

It also depends what kind of air filter you want. A panel filter that sits inside your existing air box can be bought in the UK for £30-£40. A cone filter to replace your airbox can range from £90 to as much as £250.

Hope that helps...

jacob2787

upsolute chip prices

Yeah I checked out these prices before. Here in Israel, they quoted the following deal for 650 USD
An upsolute chip installed but not exactly the way that the company recommends. The shop said they get up to about 200 hp as opposed to the quoted 194 hp. The price also includes an air filter. Kinda pricy huh?

(Just suggesting an alternative) - But perhaps you could source a reflashed ECU out of a crashed car etc... or do someone a swap? I've never trusted piggy-back chips much since we saw the terrible job of soldering done by one company!!

Shipping would prob be your expense in that circumstance though!

[edit]
I've realised now perhaps a UKDM ECU might not be compatible with your car?
[/edit]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.