Pro sport vs Jom coilovers

Miss24

Aug 19, 2012
What's better I'm trying to restore my faith in my arosa :/ I'm hearing mixed things on jom but positive on pro sports

madbsc

Jom

Hi just thought I would comment on JOM coilovers.

I have Arosa 1.4 16v and in standard form the ride was a little firmer than on my old Arosa 1.0 S, also a bit less body roll on corners. I put Jom coilovers on this year when it failed MOT, because it worked out a just under £200 quid for the whole car.

It depends on how you feel about comfort against handling, the ride is a bit choppy and can sometimes be a little annoying as kent roads have many holes and speedbumps. However, handling is firm on corners and feels like a go-cart.

I'm not sure if it is offers huge gains in cornering over the original 16v suspension, but it does give a bit more confidence in the corners. I think if I didn't have to replace the old springs, I may have invested in a rear anti-roll bar, as I think that may offer some improvement over the standard setup.

Hope that helps a little.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Very very similar kits to be honest.

We sell more of the JOM but that's because we've sold them for longer and they're more well known in the budget coilover world but the Prosport do come with a longer warranty so they're starting to sell well now.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members