Problem with Formentor's windshield coating

Aug 17, 2021
Hello

Ceramic coatings seem to make the wipers "jump". I have already changed the wipers at the dealership.

I have now tried two different coatings. 1 applied by myself (Aquapel) that I've used on all of my cars without any problem and another coating applied by a professional after removing the first one (Gyeon).
I applied the Aquapel coating and after seeing my wipers jump because of it I had it removed by a professional. Problem fixed.
Then I had a professional coat the car and windows with Gyeon products and the issue came back. Now I have to get back to the professional to have it removed again.
And the interesting part is... when I first coated the windscreen I didn't apply anything on the rear window but the rear window wiper had the same problem with NO coating.

So my question is - are there any known issues with the Formentor's windscreen?

It really sucks not having any ceramic coating on the windscreen when it's raining heavily.

Thanks

Deleted member 131219

I found my wipers juddered alightly after a Gyeon coating was applied as partof the full detail I had done professionally. I sprayed the wiper blades with silicon spray; problem solved. Try thast before you have the coating removed.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I had a problem with the rear wiper on our Leon juddering, turns out so had others, changed blade to decent make and all ok, try the silicone spray on that before anything else, you never know that be the answer.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise