Problem with one key with immobiliser

rjstacey

Morning all!

This morning my missus tried to use her key on our car and it started then stop, so I figured it was an issue with the immobiliser/key. The other key works fine and all the probs I found using the search seemed a little different from this.
Has anyone else had this issue and anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

rjstacey

I don't know if it's worked before. We only got the car at the weekend and that was the first time we tried it! It unlocks and locks the car fine.

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
I would try again, if you get the same problem then you probably need it coding to your car. which you can get done at your local car key coders/cutters.

Or if you've got your SKC code, you can get a friendly local member on here to do it for you with vag-com.

I'm just guessing however, it could be anything

rjstacey

Whats the SKC code? Sorry for the dumb questions!
Would it still unlock the car if the coding was lost?
Thanks
Oh and anyone know of somewhere that can do the re-coding in the colchester area?

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
Its a special code you need in order to program keys, even dealers don't get to see these now, so unless you let them do the work, they are no use.

I'm pretty sure it would still unlock the car as long as the key was cut correctly.

If you don't have the code (not a lot of people do) you'll need someone with vag tacho and vag-com, may be worth putting a request in the vag-com section.

I'm sure someone will come along shortly to correct me if i'm wrong !

rjstacey

Sorry meant the remote still unlocks the car!
I'll give that a go thanks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.