Problem with suspension

Nov 7, 2019
Hi to everyone.
I'm having a issue with my suspension setup, I've bought my 6L with coilovers installed, sense that I replace the full suspension, brand new bilstein b4 with H&R springs, new febi wishbones and cupra console bushes.
Last week, I've notice the front tyres, the inner side was gone.
So, replaced all 4 tyres and went for 4 wheel alignment.
Now, the problem is left front wheel is got to much camber, try mess about with subframe and nothing.
Replace front hub, still the same.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20201030_183839.jpg
    IMG_20201030_183839.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 119

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The strange thing, for me, is, when you add the -ve cambers together and divide by 2 you end up with in theory, a figure of 1' 3.5" per side, so why can't the sub frame be moved across slightly to achieve that - maybe that just leaves the wishbone(s) ie the RHS has clouted a kerb.

Nov 7, 2019
The strange thing, for me, is, when you add the -ve cambers together and divide by 2 you end up with in theory, a figure of 1' 3.5" per side, so why can't the sub frame be moved across slightly to achieve that - maybe that just leaves the wishbone(s) ie the RHS has clouted a kerb.

Both wishbones are new.
He tried to move the subframe, mess about with the 3 top bolts on the shock top and 3 bottom ones on the ball joint.
No make no difference.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe moving the consoles about might change things slightly - not many options left, I thought that once things had been taken apart which will include taking the consoles off to change to the solid Cupra rear bushes, everything influences the final position and so geometry. I've only ever had a VAG Indie replace voided bushes with Cupra ones on a 2002 Polo and that lead to losing the inner tread of my new Michelin Exaltos, so VW re-aligned things and everything became perfect from then onwards.

Edit:- maybe it now needs a knowledgeable VAG Indie or a SEAT dealer to sort it out as they will know these cars very well, might cost more than at a tyre place, but will save your new tyres.

Last edited:

MrQ

Feb 5, 2016
I have the same problem, left camber is -1,37, right is -2,09. Stock suspension, probably blown strut. Buuuut, as we are right driven country, it is perfectly logical to have slightly higher camber on the right wheel. Thy told me that probably strut is shoot, or hub, or wishbone. I do not bother, tyre wear is minimal (2k km on new tyres), so I think garage is little exaggerating with possible wear. I did change rod ends and ball joints prior to allignment.

Your camber, on the other hand is too much. There are top strut adapters, but are expensive.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
You can buy adjustable top mounts and dial in the camber but it’s not cheap. Also you can buy super lower ball joints that’ll allow some adjustment to fix the issue. Did he track the car with ballast weight init? As that make the difference when your in the car that left side might go back into the green.