Production problem?

Jul 15, 2021
Hello all,

This is Amr, from Egypt. I have been trying to buy Leon MK4 from the Egyptian authorized Seat seller, but they announced that there's a problem with production in Spain. I honestly don't believe them, as there are a lot of drama going on for Seat in the Egyptian Market.

Long story short: we love seat so much that the authorized seller, named Kayan Egypt, are always out of stock, especially with the new Leon. Hence the market and dealers are hording any seat leons to sell it with an overprice that reached 20~25% of the original price. So the less cars available from Kayan Egypt, the more overpriced any car will be sold in the market.

I believe that Kayan just stopped importing cars (or rather importing and storing them) to see how far this overprice movement will go, so they can reprice the cars more to profit more from the market's need.

I have been looking for international news about seat halting production to believe Kayan Egypt, but I haven't found any.

So I came here to discuss this with you to confirm either I am right or wrong.

Is it true that Seat Spain halted production recently (june~july 2021) for the seat leon Mk4?

If you call your local dealer, will you be able to instantly buy a car? Or they tell you to wait 3~4 months?

Sorry for the long post
Thank you!

Jan 27, 2021
3 to 4 months here in Greece.
When I got mine before 5 months there was a wait time for 6-7 months if you wanted to order a new one so I bought the last pre purchased magnetic color FR manual transmission.

Also a lot of automotive companies have problems with the micro chips production so your dealer might saying the truth

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I think it is a worldwide issue due to shutdowns with Covid and the Global microchip shortage.
Yes, semiconductor (computer chip) shortages is a currently a big issue for the motor industry - and other industries too. Many car manufacturers have closed production lines and put staff on reduced working hours, which will mean fewer cars being built and longer lead times. With VW’s mk8 Golf, it seems that right hand drive Golf GTI’s with DSG and the upgraded sound system are particularly badly affected with some people who‘ve ordered one being told their cars won’t be built until the end of this year - or maybe later.

In the UK, because of limited supplies of new cars, values of late date in-demand cars have been increasing over recent months and continue to do so. How long that will last is anyone’s guess - probably until semiconductor supplies get back to normal levels and new car production also gets back to normal levels.

Anyone thinking of selling their car might be in for a pleasant surprise. However, the flip side is that because of market conditions, a replacement used car is likely to cost more or if buying new, dealers are likely to be less willing to offer discounts, and with a factory order there might be a long wait.

FalconTech

Jun 8, 2021
I read a lot of reports regarding the production of the new Leon. Most of them are stay in oposit to my experience, but I know people really wait long for their cars.

My FR in full package was produced 50 days after ordering. The guy who ordered 10 weeks ago is still waiting. Another was supposed to go into production 3 weeks ago - it didn't. Next one produced 4 weeks ago but on hold - no component.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.