Project Cupra ST 300 by _Dejan_ - Stage 3 530HP

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
Lucky you! Fingers crossed it goes ok.
You got 20hp.just with spark plugs and injectors or they did some corrections to the software?

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Today Im pickup car but because weather here is terible I didn't test it so much...
@Janusz Same software without ECU corrections. Later after dyno test has been done they made me some DSG TCU optimizations which Im request and they increase clutch pressure, speed up gear changes for around 10ms ...
I need good weather without heavy rain to proper test it but as first impression car is a lot of quicker than before...
They do new injectors, 2 oil changes, replace original spark plugs(done 25k km) to NGK R7438-9(Angled Ground Strap) and when dyno has been made has been outside temperature little colder(3,6°C colder) and air pressure has been 10,2mbar higher that is all...

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Before failure I had not very good results...
With JB4 at 370HP I have :
0-100kmh 4,32sec
100-200kmh 11,2sec

With Stage 3 I have my best 8,77sec and this in in the morning around 5hours before injector fail... Before that day all my trys has been more than 9 seconds... This is with 1.9bar constant boost. I can't go higher because I still use stock 3Bar MAP sensor...

Last edited:

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Glad to hear that engine is ok,no need for teardown. Just colder sparkplugs..

Poslano z mojega SM-G390F z uporabo Tapatalk

Reactions: _Dejan_

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
I have little free time and Im remove from spare HPFP brass connector which is connected to low pressure fuel line and drill bigger hole into it.
Will see if there will be some change/benefit when I will have time to fit it :)

HPFP_VIS_4.jpg

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Here we are again… I didn't have time to install drilled HPFP brass connector and probably I will not need it anymore, because my engine has died and I will go back to Stage 1 or Stage 2 …

What and how it happens? On Saturday I made few(3) hard pulls(accelerate in 3rd, 4th and after few seconds in 5th gear release acceleration) and after last one when I release acceleration pedal and try accelerate again EPC light came up and on back of car, I get a lot of white smoke… After few seconds I get also warning to not reach 6200rpm and few seconds later orange oil warning. I’m already start stopping car and when I’m stop it, I’m also get red oil warning. I’m immediately turn off car and go outside. Back of car has been totally black/orange of oil and also under car has been full of oil…

Today after quick inspection garage found that I need change engine block because piston or rod is broken and it damage and make hole into oil pan and they also find piston rings in oil…

I again have luck that this happen right before garage close because they will have vacations so 2 weeks will car wait for detailed inspection and to fix it…

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
F**k..u have no luck man. Hope teardown wont show too much damage!!!
Will go on forged internals?

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
This engine is not repairable... oil pan is broken, pistons are damaged, block have damage, probably also head(valves), crankshaft have probably also damage so is not worth to repair it and forge it... Im looking for new/used engine and change it and then go back to Stage 1 or Stage 2 and sell other parts(HPFP, boost pipes, turbo(if is ok) ...

I can't afford another engine failure, maybe after 5-8 years when engines and forged parts will be cheaper :) ...

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
That is serious damage..what is verdict?what caused damage?killer torque?

I think guys on avtomobilizem will be shocked when u post it.

Are u thinking on another 2.0 cupra/vag engine? Or go all in and source something bigger for swap?

I know dead engine is pile of money

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
@who.am.i: Not yet analyzed what exactly happen. Garage here is my car is currently closed(vacation) and I have some time to find new engine :) They quick check what is damaged without taking engine apart...

Yes Im looking for another CJX engine and leave original turbo on it... If I will fit upgraded HPFP from old engine Im not sure right now.

@mcspook It happen, looks like my engine has not been so strong... Probably injector failure from half year ago leave bigger damage to piston rings as we think ... I didn't checkwhat has been oil temperature when engine die and also I didn't log anything... But has been sure over 90°C because I don't push cold engine ...

Last edited:

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
I already have "new" used low milage engine&turbo and it will be probably installed next week.
Im still not decided if I will go Stock ECU&DSG or will do Stage1/2 ECU and DSG remap ...

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Here is update...
First when I pickup my old engine Im also get very expensive bracelet for my wife:

CJX_Piston_Ring_1.jpg

This they found in oil pan and give me for memory :)

Im myself open engine to check what parts are still useable and I can sell and what are damaged...
When Im remove head Im found that tamaged piston is piston number 3(from left to right/gearbox side).

CJX_Engine_Block_1.jpg

And piston :)

CJX_Piston_1.jpg

CJX_Piston_2.jpg

So this piston damage has happen on cylinder 3 which is same cylinder on which in august 2019 injector fail. So it already made damage to that cylinder/piston/rings...

Then there has been problem with "new" used engine. It looks like that it came from front damaged car and had crack on block where engine support bracket on left/chain side is screwed and on test drive it broken. Crack has been already there when we receive engine but not visible by visual inspection before installing engine. That engine support bracket has been already mounted on engine when we receive it. So on friday engine has been returned and also on friday another low millage(8k miles) 2018.5 CJX engine(1month newer engine that mine) has been shipped from UK ...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.