project "stop somebody scrapping my ibiza when parked" underway

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Hmmm, do you have more than one key?, seems maybe that maybe some locks have been replaced. Although in this freezing weather frozen locks happen very easily.

vngtx

Hmmm, do you have more than one key?, seems maybe that maybe some locks have been replaced. Although in this freezing weather frozen locks happen very easily.

only the one cos the previous previous owner only had one. just found a kiwi yellow ibiza breaking on ebay not too far from here but its 1.8 16v. wud the exhaust fit?

vngtx

thats what i was thinking maybe locks been changed and dont have a key???

could be since the driver lock works fine and works in ignition. has a push button start with exposed wires next to a metal bracket!!

vngtx

i think it only works with ignition on but i havent tried pressing the button without key yet to see what happens. its wired straight into the ignition barrel in place of turning the key to the 3rd "click"

envycordoba

Jan 25, 2008
bournemouth
i would bin the button mate and put it back to normal start as its just askin for trouble in my eyes but thats me. as for exhaust i think they are different but dont hold me to that.

vngtx

i would bin the button mate and put it back to normal start as its just askin for trouble in my eyes but thats me. as for exhaust i think they are different but dont hold me to that.

battery goes flat if u dont press the button quick with ignition on. any body know if the golf gti mk3 8v exhaust manifold is same as the ibiza?

vngtx

bit of rust round the boot lock??? lol

the one u thinking of got paint peeling off bonnet? this ones got all (almost) the paint still on it except for where the bumpers cracked. i might paint the inside of the wheel arches black so u cant see the rust.

vngtx

most of the car wud need to be replaced anyway since its a SEAT. might aswell do it all in one go :lol:

vngtx

also... How?! The engine and loom would only fetch like £250-£300 tops.

its got gti 16v seats in mint condition which are very rare. if i stripped it for parts id make a profit. gearbox wud want reconditioning. subframe, front and rear brakes, original wheels, side skirts, front splitter, bonnet, wings, rear lights, interior. it all adds up.

Last edited by a moderator:

XDevil666

Wow, i bought a R reg 2.0 GTI 16V in racing lime Green for only £800 with a MOT on purchase, and they had to replace the center exchaust aswell to pass it

vngtx

it passed MOT with no advisories at the end of september, and has been butchered since. im still finding things broke on it, dipstick, breather pipe hose, still working 24/7 on the central locking a d rewiring the ignition. any body want a push button start? ive got it off.

vngtx

if the car dus my head in much more with the electronics i may be breaking for parts.

vngtx

fixed the central locking just 20 minutes ago, was the door latch sender board that was nackered. now works beautifully and i can get into my boot!!! :D just wants wiring upto the alarm system to make it remote. cat and lambda on its way, picking up downpipe friday, sorted dropped bumper out and fitted new headlight and indicator. grill still not in right place. bonnet catch it sorted, glue rear trim back on, push button start work fine and starts car up right away. new mp3 usb radio. new fusebox cover. not much else to do except exhaust now and its all fixed and i can start modifying it :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise