pulling right under acceleration

JamieF

Dec 16, 2014
Cleethorpes
Right, for some reason the car is pulling to the right under acceleration, and pulling to the left when lifting off.

In recent days the car has had new rack ends and rod ends, discs and pads, after this was done the car was tracked and drove nice and straight, but the bottom arms needed doing as the rear bushes were shot, but it didn't pull.

Yesterday I replaced the bottom arms and ball joints, also did the cambelt belt so the osf engine mount was off, but was put back back as it was and everything was torqued to spec, to do the belt I had to raise and lower the engine about to get access etc,

After it was all done I diddnt get a chance to re-track it, so I knew it would out, so drove it home and it when I first noticed it, so I just put it down to tracking being out, so re tracked it today and it was massively out and its still doing it, while I was underneath I had a look at the dog bone mount, it seemed ok, but did deflect about 5-8mm when using pry bar, just wondering if moving the engine about has popped the mount, also checked steering rack and ARB mounts and were all solid

Im thinking it would make sense that its the dog bone as it stops the engine rocking back and forth, but there are no knocks, bangs or creaks it just pulls.

Any input appreciated.

Last edited:

JamieF

Dec 16, 2014
Cleethorpes
I did think this, but tracking is spot on, set to -1 degree toe In as specified, if you drive normlly and let go of the wheel, it drives straight and true, but the wheel is ever so slightly out, but it was like this before, and generally if its torque steer will pull to the side with the shorter driveshaft and will have no effect when lifting off (in my past experience a way), which is the passenger side, but it pulls to the drivers side.

I have ordered a poly rear mount as ive seen a few videos of cars with the same about of play in the mount, with similar sytmptoms to mine, but I will recheck the tracking aswell just to be sure

Black Mamba

Mar 7, 2013
North west
I Too replaced my bottom ball joints and the damn thing was all over the place,and the tracking was visibly way out until i tracked it myself at work,it will do until i can get it tracked in the new yr.I only had new tyres fitted about a month ago with 4 wheel alignment,after fitting 2 new Lemforder Track rod ends New polybush ARB Bushes,they should have checked these first!

elviscat

Jun 11, 2007
Bristol, UK
Right, for some reason the car is pulling to the right under acceleration, and pulling to the left when lifting off.

In recent days the car has had new rack ends and rod ends, discs and pads, after this was done the car was tracked and drove nice and straight, but the bottom arms needed doing as the rear bushes were shot, but it didn't pull.

Yesterday I replaced the bottom arms and ball joints, also did the cambelt belt so the osf engine mount was off, but was put back back as it was and everything was torqued to spec, to do the belt I had to raise and lower the engine about to get access etc,

After it was all done I diddnt get a chance to re-track it, so I knew it would out, so drove it home and it when I first noticed it, so I just put it down to tracking being out, so re tracked it today and it was massively out and its still doing it, while I was underneath I had a look at the dog bone mount, it seemed ok, but did deflect about 5-8mm when using pry bar, just wondering if moving the engine about has popped the mount, also checked steering rack and ARB mounts and were all solid

Im thinking it would make sense that its the dog bone as it stops the engine rocking back and forth, but there are no knocks, bangs or creaks it just pulls.

Any input appreciated.

Hi, Did you manage to get this sorted, mine is also pulling to the right on boost, i'm thinking dog bone mount might need replacing as the rubber does look a little special at the gearbox mount.