Putting only skirts & spoiler on a FL FR/Cupra?

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Any pics or does anyone know if this look works at all on the Facelift FR/Cupra? :help:

I'm worried that the standard front bumper sides wont flow into the skirts at the front as well as the aero kits does together..

any examples would be worth their weight in gold! which doesnt make much virtual sense...

demonear

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes - someone on here had it done and it looks great :)

Skirts and spoiler combo with Cupra/FR bumpers is the best look for the MK2 Leon both on pre face lift and face lift cars :)

rockape

Sep 12, 2009
Edge of the North Pennines
My Cupra(FL) has side skirts and the shorter rear spoiler. Unfortunately I haven't got enough posts to put a photo up yet, but the front spoiler and side skirts flow quite nicely. The shorter rear spoiler rather than the 'K1' type looks neater with this look too. IMO though!

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
My Cupra(FL) has side skirts and the shorter rear spoiler. Unfortunately I haven't got enough posts to put a photo up yet, but the front spoiler and side skirts flow quite nicely. The shorter rear spoiler rather than the 'K1' type looks neater with this look too. IMO though!

cheers froggy, take it when you say shorter is it the standard smooth facelift spolier that doesnt have the bit that goes in at the middle? It looks a bit more solid looking too I think. Or do you mean the supplied non new aero kit spoiler?

Last edited:

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Yes - someone on here had it done and it looks great :)

Skirts and spoiler combo with Cupra/FR bumpers is the best look for the MK2 Leon both on pre face lift and face lift cars :)

Can you find any evidence to prove this djhorace?

Just seen pics of a FL with them on autotrader and it dont look to pretty on the pictures there..

Accepted though pre-facelift looked the bollocks! :rock:

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
I don't think the skirts/spoiler look bad on the facelift.
That front valance looks garb though and may be influencing your opinion.

marciemarc3

@ Rockape: Do you have some pictures of the prefacelift spoiler on a facelift cupra? Can you send it to me please [email protected]? Because I think's better to. But can't decide.. So please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 2006

No one can post photos in the forum, rockape. You need to post them somewhere else on the net, like Photobucket, and then link to them.

marciemarc3

Thanks Andyccr! But I am searching for a picture with a facelift seat leon and a pre-facelift spoiler on it. Any help would very helpfull!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The bootlid on the facelift and prefacelift are different, hence the spoiler from the facelift won't fit the prefaclift without modification, and vice versa with the spoiler from the spoiler from the pre facelift fitting the facelift.

I have never seen a facelift car with a pre facelift bootlid spoiler, but the pre facelift bootlid spoiler does look a lot better than the facelift bootlid spoiler.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.