Question About Dump Valves

Yay or Nay to the dump valve whoosh?

• Total voters
Mar 9, 2020
I’ve recently been looking at the Forge Motorsport Dump Valve for my Leon 1.4 TSI. While many don’t like the sound, I personally think it’s pretty cool.

However, I wanted to know if installing this could damage the engine due to the air being released rather than recirculated (I’m assuming)?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I have the GFB DVX on my car and it does let off a nice woosh noise, but nothing massively over the top like you hear on some Fiesta's.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Did you buy yours direct from the manufacturers?
I bought my GFB DVX from Progressive Parts - they are a reseller for GFB parts :)

I’ve had the GFB DV+ on my last Cupra which was a diverter valve ‘Upgrade’ as it claimed. Had positive results with it. No issues. Some timers don’t like them though due to not really being able to allow/account for how they behave.

The DVX is a blow off valve - I’ve not noticed any difference in performance as such, positively or negatively. It’s obviously a much louder atmospheric air dump than from the DV+, which is still louder than stock.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
On a high performance car, like a Skyline or Impreza, it's kinda in keeping but on a 1.4 Leon? Sorry, just makes you look like a ******.