Quick Help please before i order

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I wonder how the seller can do a pair of Brembo disks and pads for under £40, it's either an amazingly good deal or fake parts!

The price for genuine brembo front pads for my old LCR was £150, that deal is just to good to be true.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
They may well be decent enough components that will work perfectly well but I have my doubts that they are genuine brembo at that price.

May well be worth taking a chance for £40 though!

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
dropped them a wee email to ask. my discs on just now are shot anyway so may aswel go for it. my chopper is coming for me in like half hour so he better hurry up!!

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
hmm bit of both really on the feed back. what else is needed for a set of disc and pads? i plan to do this myself. The actual disc and pad? THATS IT?

dalegolf215

UNbanned
Jun 3, 2010
Rov'rum
what else is needed for a set of disc and pads? i plan to do this myself. The actual disc and pad? THATS IT?

Some copper grease or similar too

if you havent changed brakes before youd be better off getting someone to help you.
better safe than sorry mate especially with brakes

Last edited:

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
seems a fair price,lots of places do just the original Brembo discs for £25 so £40 inc pads is a good price but not unbelievably good.

some mintex discs/pads for £38 on ebay aswel so around £40 is what i would be looking to pay for standard stuff.

Adamroberts

Apr 9, 2011
I got this pack for my tdi!

They are good quality and the price was really good! I wish they had a similar package for the front setup :(

abbotsmike

Dec 17, 2011
Uxbridge
I got the pagid disks and pads on mine for £50 delivered off carparts4less. Seem good quality, and I needed them next day!!

Rear brakes are a piece of piss, just take your time, and do one side at a time so you can check the other.
You don't need to remove the caliper carrier to pop the disc off, but it is tight.
Make sure you clean up any corrosion on the wheel bore, and copper slip it. It might take some work with a block of wood to get the wheel off if they haven't been greased in the past.

There is an excellent tutorial on this site if you google for it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.