R front grille badge

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Hello all, i just bought an R front grille badge for my leon with a metal retaining strip. Got it from Dave at IMG SEAT but they dont have a clue how to fit it. Can anyone give me a clue??:help:

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Hey, sorry do ya have a photo of it, or know where i can get one? Im having an ally R fabricated in the workshop this wkend and wondered how differnt it is to my design, Cheers Matt.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Phantombantum: Cheers fella, thats the same design as the one im having done, just mne is the same size as the S badge on the front..straight swap i hope....i'll put some pics up when its done...

RST Cupra: Yeah i remember ya mate, Jamie wasnt it....i went to a couple more, the last one was bout november....then it all kinda went quiet..may put a thread up in Southern meets to see if any Essex ppl fancy a meet, could always nip down to the kent one?
Matt

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
smoothuk said:
Phantombantum: Cheers fella, thats the same design as the one im having done, just mne is the same size as the S badge on the front..straight swap i hope....i'll put some pics up when its done...

Does yours replace the S badge on the front?

If so are you going to cut out the grey plastic bits that hold the current S in place

img.php

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
i was goin to buy tht r badge lol
smoothuk: im up for goin to the next kent meet we shpudl get a few of us to convoy down there be good i reakon or we should arrange a VAG night at southend one nite

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Ruddmiester.....i know this sounds like bad planning mate, but have'nt figured out how im gonna attatch it yet..will figure that part out when i have the "R" in my hand an the grill on the workbench, *visions of this turning bad* lol....from the look of it i will trim the black centre peices out, make a new back for the hole, so it is sealed up, then stick the R to the front, drill the 2 locator holes in the plastic an bond it in, if that makes sence....well thats how i vision it in my head..but i know its not going to be that easy, otherwise someone would have already done it.....but ill give it a go, an if it does go wrong, ill put pics up so you boys can have a good old chuckle...:)

Matt.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise