radiator location

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
Anyone know which of the coolers is the radiator...

Just had mine changed due to impact damage. I assumed it was the front one as that would make sense it getting damaged. However, when I looked through the grilles, the'new' radiator has a few fins bent and is full of crap as if it is either the same one, or a second hand one.

If it is not the radiator at the front, then how the hell can I get impact damage?

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
Nothing there...

There are three cooler at the front of the car... one behind the other... the middle one is the intercooler... I assumed the front one was the radiator...

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
radiator at back would explain why there are flies in the front bit (given it is winter, there are no flies about to get into a new rad). Also explains why the black coating on front cooler is peeling...

the question now is how did rad get impact damage... although there was a 3 inch by 1/2 inch piece of wood buried into the condensor, so it may have penetrated through and damaged the rad...

lesson: don't try to keep up with 4WD performance cars...

I cracked my windscreen chasing an EVO last year, and now chasing a subaru I have bust the radiator...

The rear wheels on the 4WD cars will fling more crap rearwards as they are driven... FWD will tend to fling the crap at the rear wheels, thus protecting your cars...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.