Radio Code

Dec 4, 2006
Manchester
I've lost my manual for the radio, I know the code and have entered it, what do I need to do then... i have tried pressing all the buttons. The display just shows the code I have entered and I cant get the radio back on.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I tried all this a while back but looks like it no longer accepts the code that came with the car, called the dealers and they charge you for the pleasure to re code your stereo. My local seat said around £40. I didnt like the unit anyway so bought a pioneer one but when i took the old one out there was a 4 digit code on the back so check and see if that one works instead of the written down one.

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
I changed the battery on my LC the other day .... so i had to put the code in.... surprise surprise... it didnt work.... the standard head units are pretty pants anyway... with like a 4x15w output....so i just went and bought a nice new sony hed unit..... sounds a million times better and i got one with red backlit buttons and screen... so it goes with the red dials etc on the car...it doesnt look outa place at all..

Lee M

Put your code in and hold down the 'PROG' button.

Cheers

Lee

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Heh, our radio's loose in the car, for giggles I pulled it out as far as I can and the radio code is in red ink on the top of it - good thing as we didn't get the radio code with the car :banned:

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
I changed the battery on my LC the other day .... so i had to put the code in.... surprise surprise... it didnt work.... the standard head units are pretty pants anyway... with like a 4x15w output....so i just went and bought a nice new sony hed unit..... sounds a million times better and i got one with red backlit buttons and screen... so it goes with the red dials etc on the car...it doesnt look outa place at all..

Smithygcupra........Any chance of a Picture as I'm thinking of getting another more powerful Radio / CD :confused:

CHEERS :clap:

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Apparently your radio code is also written in the sparewheel well. The thing is i cant confirm this is true or false as I have lost my manual also but I dont need to disconnect battery anytime soon. But can anyone who does know there code check if the code in the spare wheel well is indeed the same? Thanks for any help :D