Radio is in 'safe' mode

Hicks

Let's nuke 'em from orbit
Nov 26, 2002
Relocated Yorkshireman
Visit site
I had some work done on my car recently, and the radio has gone into 'safe' mode. It's displaying the word SAFE. According to the manual you have to enter the security code, which I tried to do. It's now displaying SAFE with the number 2 in the bottom left of the display, and isn't responding to any button presses. How do I get it into a working state?

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
that means your onto your second try, your code was wrong you put in
search all your documentation for the car and see if you have another code, could have been replaced under warranty as alot were

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
think when i first played around with mine during a ecu reset it happened like that,i just disconnected the battery again and waited an hour or so,then re connected and installed the code as normal,i think either Mork or Saul did a thread on this subject,try a search mate.

arjnoro

Ok here it goes folks again, I'm helping because I was very frustrated with mine for a month. I got the following info from my dealer in Mexico via telephone. NO CHARGE. He informed me that the code might be under the ashtray. Pull out the ashtray and there might be a sticker under the ashtray with the code. It may be on the side of the radio unit or in the glove compartment. My code is 0777. Anyway turn your stereo on (car off) then wait for an hour!! no key inside ignition either! come back your display should have changed from SAFE to 1000. Then input the code first and then press the SCAN button and that's it!!! good luck, did mine yesterday!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members