radio knackered?

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
hi,

i have been having problems with my radio recently and now it has died. a couple of months ago it started playing up. certain buttons wernt working and when you pressed one button it would do something else. ie changing to cd 3 put the radio on!

Now it has just died. wont turn on at all. I cant find the key to pull the radio out, anyone know where they are kept in the car? any ideas to what has happened to the radio and why it has died?

Thanks

rickyb90

Speedbump destroyer!
Mar 21, 2009
NW Kent
I thought the keys to remove the radio were a purchasable item from any good car audio shop?

I'm not sure it's worth fixing the standard radio. It all depends on if you want to keep the original audio equipment and CD changer. How much a repair or original replacement would be I couldn't say.

A decent CD radio which will play MP3's off a CD-R and will certainly sound better is about £120-150

I think you can tell what I'd do;)

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
You can get the radio removal keys off ebay for about a quid. the plastic springs behind the buttons break so they dont work as they should is annoying when that happens.[:@]

You can get a replacement unit from ebay too for about 30-40 quid which is what i did.
Dont even think about phoning the dealers as there about 400 quid new from them.

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
Ahh, just seen on ebay how much they are available for:whistle:

just seen that. you have competition now! thinking of gettin a head unit that plugs into iPhone. Probably better in long run. anyone got advice on decent one. Heard a lot have problems?

Anyone want the CD changer? How much they worth?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.