Rally Stylee

Guys,

Now that i have my motor mechanically sorted, i want to start on my exterior/interior...

Start a new job in the new year so more money will be coming in!!

I want the F2 front bumber and cupra skirts, then full spray...so don't need help here.

Was wondering about the interior though.......i was thinking about flocking the standard dash/doorcards, basically as much trim as possible....

Any rally guys here done this?

Is it expensive, can't be more than alcantra???

May be a DIY jobby too?

Any thoughts welcome as usual!

justinking

Oct 3, 2005
sorry to jack the thread but would buckets be hard to fit? and does anyone know if omp or safety devices makes a rollcage for the ibiza?

whitie

TBtastic
Jan 19, 2003
Chester
photo.starblvd.net
surcalation said:
Ditto

Strippin it is rally style!

In flocking what do you mean? Full re-trim in leater?

Think its about the £1k for everything inside to be trimmed in leather apart from the floor.
Flocking is where a type of material, basialy black fibres, are glued to hard
plastics, etc like the dash

ACH

Mar 7, 2005
Over there
Flocking stops the sunlight catching the dash and getting in the drivers eyes. If you have a standard ibiza dashboard (that leather effect stuff) you'll know what I mean about the low sun catching it and blinding you.

As for the car in the original post. I'd strip everything bar the dashboard and get that flocked. When I mean stripped I mean everything from the headlining to all the excess weight in the doors the lot.

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
bucket seats are a bitch to fit unless you have the right subframes and the right sub frames probably dont exist. ive just bought some seats and im making my own frames from the old ones and adapting them to suit the new seats, so unless you have access to welding equipment id say it was pretty difficult... unless you bolt it all together i suppose.

sorry for responding to the hijacking of the thread

edc said:
Rally style is more like binning everything to lose weight rather than trimming it up to look nice ...

You guys are such a tease!!! :D

What i want is the rally style dash at the moment......everything may be coming out in the new year, but its a bit cold at the moment to be kicking about in a bare shell!

My car is going to get a total rally look, stripped, caged, and engine etc.....but not till i start my new job in the new year....

I'm just researching every thing at the moment so i can go and get it done when the money starts to go into my account :lol:

greenmachine

HoK'd GreenMachine!
Sep 21, 2005
Kerry, Ireland
www.cruiseirl.com
right, if I bought another Ibiza, which I probably will, I'd do this:

FULL F2 kit, Wide rally arches, compos or speedlines, H&R coilovers, fully rally style Decal's, 4 Cibies, strip interior down to bare metal and have it sprayed black, yellow roll cage, sparco bucket seats and wheel, flocked dash...

If you do, make sure you get one in the right Kiwi green/yellow color! else spray it that color like I did! ;)

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I would love to strip out my interior and put a roll cage in but I love the red "Cupra" seats and since you don't see them everyday I don't wanna take them out.

greenmachine said:
right, if I bought another Ibiza, which I probably will, I'd do this:

FULL F2 kit, Wide rally arches, compos or speedlines, H&R coilovers, fully rally style Decal's, 4 Cibies, strip interior down to bare metal and have it sprayed black, yellow roll cage, sparco bucket seats and wheel, flocked dash...

If you do, make sure you get one in the right Kiwi green/yellow color! else spray it that color like I did! ;)

I've lokked into the F2 wide arches and they look a lot more work than what it would be worth....

F2 bumper and compo's, stripped out and on coilies :D