Wet Rear Footwells

Jun 3, 2021
Hi guys,

For the past 2 years I've suffered from wet rear footwells. I've spent over £200 at 3 different garages to no avail.

It does my head in. Especially around this time of year due to all the condensation and even interior ice!

It looks like water gets in from under the doors but it also looks like it could be coming from under the rear seats as well.

I know on the Mk1s, the butyl tape trick around the metal plate works, but on the MK2s, no metal plate exists.

I believe the various garages have replaced the plastic membrane, cleaned and drilled new drainage holes under the door and replaced the main exterior window seal.

Things to note:

.I doubt it's the rear washer hose, as the pressure is still very good
.I don't have a sunroof

Any ideas would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!!

Nov 6, 2021
Hi guys,

For the past 2 years I've suffered from wet rear footwells. I've spent over £200 at 3 different garages to no avail.

It does my head in. Especially around this time of year due to all the condensation and even interior ice!

It looks like water gets in from under the doors but it also looks like it could be coming from under the rear seats as well.

I know on the Mk1s, the butyl tape trick around the metal plate works, but on the MK2s, no metal plate exists.

I believe the various garages have replaced the plastic membrane, cleaned and drilled new drainage holes under the door and replaced the main exterior window seal.

Things to note:

.I doubt it's the rear washer hose, as the pressure is still very good
.I don't have a sunroof

Any ideas would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!!
Have you found the source? mine started doing this this week. any help is much appreciated

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.