Rattle, rattle, rattle!

diesel_dust

Starting a new thread because I'm at my wits end and I'm struggling to find information.

My 2003 Ibiza Sport Tdi 130 is the rattliest car I have EVER owned and bearing in mind I used to drive Alfasuds and 33's that's saying something! The dashboard is my real bugbear, constant rattle from the two central face vents and where the dash meets the windscreen.

Any ideas as its mega frustrating for me and embarrassing when you've got others in the car! When I've got this sorted my next stop is the boot/rear bumper area...

Thanks guys

DD

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Go to Asda and buy some washing up sponges, then stuff them behind the heater vents between the heater vent ducting and whatever they are resting against.

Stuff them between the dash and windscreen too.

diesel_dust

Not a bad idea! Thanks

Will give it a go...watch this space.

DD

diesel_dust

Took the center console and face vents out and stuffed the area full of some decent foam I found at work. Hasn't solved the problem but on reflection I think its where the vents are rubbing against the air feed pipes behind. Gonna try running some felt (our something?) round the circumference of the back of the vents.

I will get to the bottom of this!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Took the center console and face vents out and stuffed the area full of some decent foam I found at work. Hasn't solved the problem but on reflection I think its where the vents are rubbing against the air feed pipes behind. Gonna try running some felt (our something?) round the circumference of the back of the vents.

I will get to the bottom of this!

Wishing you luck, i stuffed my car with insulation but not in the dash to stop all the rattles that i had lol- worked a treat :D

Mar 25, 2009
bath
I'm getting a really annoying rattle coming from my glovebox lid, I think it's actually in the lid though cos all the jamming and stuffing in the world isn't curing it :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.