Rattling Brake Calipers

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for your opinion and advice with my following problem.

After 70 000km´s, the brakes had to be replaced , so I have bought TEXTAR (Discs + Brake Pads, front+back) , the repair was done by OFFICIAL Car dealer, i have only paid for the work. After a few kilometers, i have noticed rattling noise. I go back to dealer, they have taken my car for WHOLE day. And here it all started...

They have changed:

Upper strut mounts (Due to recommendation of official SEAT)
• tightened the steering mechanism ...
• made the geometry of the vehicle (AFTER MY REQUEST! BECAUSE the steering wheel was turned to the right !!!)
... so everything else on the car is okey, without any issues ...

Their statement after all steps is:
The rattling is caused by brake pads, because they are not GENUINE !

(The brake pads are ordered by VIN number, and it is also recommended by official car dealers... the brake pads seems good)

I said, okey.. .I will take a look on it, because it sounds weird to me, and look what i have found:

What do you guys think? Only front brakes rattle. BACK is okey. Thanks everyone!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I tend to like Textar and Pagid brake discs and pads, both these companies used to be the official factory brake pads suppliers for VW Group and I have never had any issues with fitting them to replace same brand as from the factory, to Lucas(Giring) now TRW callipers and ATE/Teves callipers.

So, as I do not run a latest version of Ibiza/Polo/Fabia, do you know who the VW Group supplier is for these callipers on your car. If it is now someone like Mando then maybe that is the reason why pads from a "proper" brake parts supplier do not fit properly into "Asian branded or licensed" callipers due to sloppy manufacturing.

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
Yes, you are right. It should be Mando. But Textar should be compatible with Mando. I have seen this information from cataloge.
Aoso dimension of brake pads Textar vs Original is the same..

The pads are tight and in place, the rattle isn't from loose brake pads but from the brake caliper itself...

Last edited: