Ravi's MK1 Leon- on the road to stance Airlift V2 lowss

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
My suggestion was going to be tiger claws :lol: BMW wheels is going to be a good choice but only if you are low. Only people on air need apply ;)

haha exactly i dont think you can pull them off if you were static as much. DOnt get me wrong i love the tigerclaws, i just find that they are sooo over done now every other mk4 seems to have them. Really i just want it to be a bit different from the rest of the stuff out there. A set of rotiform DIAs came up and i quite like them too haha

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
Just read this RR, wow, it all paid off didn't it, looks amazing! I'm having probs with lowering on coilovers, what a waste of time adjustable drop links really are lol. Does the big loop arb really work? Stopping the knocking over bumps and full lock right? Also does it fit smith standard drop links? Cheers, again car looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Just read this RR, wow, it all paid off didn't it, looks amazing! I'm having probs with lowering on coilovers, what a waste of time adjustable drop links really are lol. Does the big loop arb really work? Stopping the knocking over bumps and full lock right? Also does it fit smith standard drop links? Cheers, again car looks great.

thanks for the kind words dude!

I ended up never fitting the ARB but yes it would cure the knocking and they do work with the standard droplinks but i would use the adjustable ones just in case. the next problem you will find is the driveshafts hit the chassis. In which case you will need a chassis notch get that done properly otherwise you'll find yourself still catching :p

hope that helps dude, good luck haha

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
I don't want to go really really low, just a nice stance. My first set of coilovers (JOM's) I am very impressed with for the money, it's just all this faffing about I don't like. Do the drive shafts only rub when you slam it down to the floor? I only want to lower 55mm ish.

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
unanu6e2.jpg

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
This is how it sits with 30mm thread left from the bottom with occasional knocks, any higher it'll look like a sodding tractor

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
Haha full retard, I actually watched that film the other day! No I want a nice practical low, I don't like the idea of getting holes cut in my car lol. When I was messing about with these drop links I lowered it another 10mm and this is the space I have between the body and drive shaft..
e9u3u8aj.jpg

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
ah yeah its funny with the droplinks, you would actually need them to be short as possible to pull the loop over the shafts as much as possible, i messed about for ages with them but really the big loop is the way to go or even better a audi TT/Cupra R one as these go under the driveshafts

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
Thought about using a tt etc arb but apparently you need a strut/coilover where the drop link attaches to the strut and not wishbone like our diesels. Unless you can use them with a drop link that goes to the wishbone?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
so im off on holiday for a week so ive put the car in travel mode :)

20140711_125709_zps7pra2foi.jpg

20140711_125719_zpsz6wxmjyw.jpg

20140711_125833_zpstuk1obrp.jpg

20140711_125848_zpspyosb11u.jpg

20140711_125857_zpsdl6dmzr6.jpg

20140711_130110_zpsoaawqnmy.jpg

figure i'll start a new trend. Slammed on standards haha

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Thought about using a tt etc arb but apparently you need a strut/coilover where the drop link attaches to the strut and not wishbone like our diesels. Unless you can use them with a drop link that goes to the wishbone?

lies you can use them on the standard drolinks or the adjustables and still mount to the wishbones. you just need to add some spacing in the gap which is created use another nut and an extended bolt :)

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
Ah good shout, I will try this I think. Which is better then do you think? Under the drive shaft or big loop?

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
Oh by the way Ravi, bought a V6 audi TT arb today. Fitting at the weekend. I can lower the front once more lol

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Oh by the way Ravi, bought a V6 audi TT arb today. Fitting at the weekend. I can lower the front once more lol

ooh cool let me know how it goes remember you will probably need to space the droplinks for them to sit at the right angle :)
Think you can go about another 40mm before you start touching the chassis on the drivers side

Apr 12, 2008
Are you going to try get this to lay frame? Wish I had with mine. I think R32 front hubs, IDF drop plates and double chassis notch, are Deffinately the way to go.

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Are you going to try get this to lay frame? Wish I had with mine. I think R32 front hubs, IDF drop plates and double chassis notch, are Deffinately the way to go.

Yeah id like to really. What the difference with the hubs then? Tbh it isnt really too far off. It airs out onto where the dogbone mount connects to the subframe. Im getting the notch looked at on monday cos its catching if I air out while driving

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.