RDS' Leon Cupra R

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Was a great buy this mate, good work :)

Looking forward to the engine progress and developments that will follow!

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers mate, once the engine and seats are done then that'll be it major mod wise for a good while. Need my own place, been back with the rents for about 2 month and I'm losing the plot.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Great updates Richard. With the engine work and interior finshed off, I can't imagine it'd need much more doing. It's one of the nicest cars around by far in IMO.

Good luck with saving for/finding a new place. Parents do have the best intentions, but my god I remember being driven wild when I was fleeting between home and Uni all those years ago :)

I hope things move forward soon for you buddy :)

Degsy1

2003 LCR Stage 1
Feb 15, 2013
South shields
Hi just joined here after buying my first lcr,must say I love your thread.

Can I just ask about your honeycomb grill I got the part number for the grill of here cheers but how did you do the centre bit.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi just joined here after buying my first lcr,must say I love your thread.

Can I just ask about your honeycomb grill I got the part number for the grill of here cheers but how did you do the centre bit.

Cheers mate
The upper grills? The centre one is made from some honeycomb I got of eBay

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Haven't seen it

In a nutshell it seems that the V3 doesn't flow like the V2. They are now working on getting it redesigned once again so that it uses the same materials as the V3 but flow like the V2. Niki is saying that the V3 flows around the same as the OEM manifold whereas with the V2 he has managed to get a lot more out of the engine

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
The quality of the V3 sounds good with no extra bracing required and no trailers to date. If Bill has come up with a way of unlocking some more flow/power from the V3 then Happy days. He mapped an S3 the other day with V3 and got 298bhp. Which is the best power figures from a V3.

Last edited:

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham
It looks like as long as you get the exhuast holes to match between the head and the mani you will be sort of ok...

But the other issue is the ID of the pipes is smaller versus the v2.

I have ordered another v2 to replace my cracked v2 - risky but I prefer power over reliabiity :ban:

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
It looks like as long as you get the exhuast holes to match between the head and the mani you will be sort of ok...

But the other issue is the ID of the pipes is smaller versus the v2.

I have ordered another v2 to replace my cracked v2 - risky but I prefer power over reliabiity :ban:

Niki had some good ideas on how to strength and support it. Prawns is still going strong so maybe there's hope!

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers for the info lads, the V3 is being fitted, if I get no gains from it then at least I'll have a forged engine :)
Dropped the car off today for the work:
IMG_0241_zps70a0bee5.jpg

Also cracked on with sorting the recaro bolster out:
P1050393_zpse5c9f529.jpg

Some numpty decided to cut the fabric and stuff it as a quick fix:
P1050396_zps30dbc4da.jpg

P1050395_zpsf612180f.jpg

I've also noticed a tab burn on the drivers seat:censored::
P1050394_zps7ef9dae6.jpg

Now I'm a smoker but under no curcumstances do I condone smoking in a car, why do some people not look after their cars?

And finally after humming and haring about these for nearly 2 year, these arrived today:
P1050397_zpsf666ff8d.jpg

But they've sent the wrong washer bottle cap :doh:
I'm planning on getting the strut top caps engraved with an R too :) wonder how that'll turn out :think:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise