Re-Fabric roof

GinoC

Now that i am off work and have the chance to do something, think i might re-fabric the inside of my roof lining because previous owner smoked in the car so the roof is all minging with nicotine so im going to buy some black suade and re-fabric it with that :)
Ill post photos of before and after. Let me know what yous think!

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
You will have to change the padding behind the fabric as well to get rid of the smell. Not an easy job, hope you have lots of patience.

Emz

Nov 24, 2008
Swindon
You could find a Lupo GTi for breaking and get the black headlining and black grab handles and sunvisors, that's what I did, only cost me £80 for the lot and looks so much better! :)

GinoC

You could find a Lupo GTi for breaking and get the black headlining and black grab handles and sunvisors, that's what I did, only cost me £80 for the lot and looks so much better! :)

aww i never thought of that :p
Ive got it done now anyhow, looks smart as i think :) i just need to get a photo now though and whack it on here!

Emz

Nov 24, 2008
Swindon
This is mine:

GTirooflining1.jpg

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
How easy is it to get the handles and sun visors off Em, I have 5 metres of leatherette sitting around doing nothing and I fancy having a go at covering mine.

Emz

Nov 24, 2008
Swindon
They're just held on by screws, they were the easy part, the actual roof lining was the hard part, trying not to bend or crease it!

Jowey

I broke my sun-visor clips on my old Lupo removing the head-liner
so be careful

The screws are hidden under a plastic cover that removes from the base.. so dont just pull on the clips.. like i did lol

GinoC

I broke my sun-visor clips on my old Lupo removing the head-liner
so be careful

The screws are hidden under a plastic cover that removes from the base.. so dont just pull on the clips.. like i did lol

They were a bugger to get off like mate, i didnt break them but left them with a few dints n scuffs on them so just sprayed them black haha

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
You guys got any pictures of the finished headlinings that you covered ? I have seen some lovely skull fabric I fancy doing mine with :redface:

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
niceeee, ive got the hawaii flowers in mine too :p but mine arent pink haha

i got them in mine to.... where you get those head rests from?.... mine has the red gti interior in it and i got the grey/ solid ones :(... lol x

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members