Reading Spark Plugs

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Removed mine this week, been on a few website to try and read them but to no avail. Anyone know what state mine are in? They were a little bit oily around the thread when i removed them but i guess thats normal?

Pics:

DSC03301.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

DSC03304.jpg

DSC03305.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Plugs were NGK PFR60, put on about 10-12k ago, now changed to IK22's. As for running lean thats got me worried. It is burning oil and im getting the odd puff of blue smoke when pulling away form junctions, when giving it the right foot action i also get the smell of burning oil but apart from that its running well. Do you think i should take it back to my mappers (AMD) and get them to check the map again and maybe adjust it ?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
No idea, only put them in on monday. Car seems to be liking them though, perfect on start up and driving about. It worth giving them a check already?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Right then, i'll take them out today and have a look and post back. Reading through a few threads and heard a few horror stories about the IK22's, ordered some BKR7E's, so i'll be replacing them as soon as they come for piece of mind.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
True, putting the Denso's up for sale anyway. Booked in to get my INA manifold fitted this Monday and get the map tweaked with some logging. Also got a before and after RR booked too to see what gains the manifold brings!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Will do Phil, i'll be getting a RR graph of before and after so will post it up with results, be in positive or negative. I dont think my car is running right though at the mo, burning alot of oil, having to top it up every week, but no sign of actual oil dropping. KO3s could be giving up the ghoast, would a crack in the exhaust manifold of the turbo cause this?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.