• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • We're live with the new site! Please let us know what you think in this thread. Also let us know if you spot any quirks.

Rear diffuser installation

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Is it for a facelift or pre facelift? I've installed a Maxton one and the original just unclip, and just glued the new one in. Literally took all of 15 minutes to do.

Jul 15, 2019
Is it for a facelift or pre facelift? I've installed a Maxton one and the original just unclip, and just glued the new one in. Literally took all of 15 minutes to do.
Facelift, 2019 model. What type of glue did you use and did you remove the whole bumper?
Also, is it possible to install it without glue? Thanks.

Last edited:

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Facelift, 2019 model. What type of glue did you use and did you remove the whole bumper?
Also, is it possible to install it without glue? Thanks.
I used something called Tiger Seal, really good stuff, can get it from Halfords for around £12. Didn't need to remove the bumper, you just need to jack the rear end up and undo 2 bolts from either side, 2 bolts in the middle, and the it will un-clip from the bumper itself.

You'll have to use glue unless the new diffuser comes with clips like the original, in which case you can just clip it in. The Maxton one doesn't, so it has to be glued in.

Jul 15, 2019
I used something called Tiger Seal, really good stuff, can get it from Halfords for around £12. Didn't need to remove the bumper, you just need to jack the rear end up and undo 2 bolts from either side, 2 bolts in the middle, and the it will un-clip from the bumper itself.

You'll have to use glue unless the new diffuser comes with clips like the original, in which case you can just clip it in. The Maxton one doesn't, so it has to be glued in.
Thanks!!

DPM Performance