Rear Parking Sensor Issue

Mar 7, 2020
I have an issue with my rear parking sensors no longer working. What happens is when the parking sensors come on I get a constant high pitched noise as the car thinks there is something right behind it, an orange triangle with ! inside it shown on centre screen behind car. The front parking sensors work fine but the back ones have this issue and no longer work. I have looked at the parking sensors and they all look perfectly normal. I drive a 2014 Fr and was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and how can I fix it?

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Could be a short in a wire or a failed sensor. I would first try disconnecting the sensors one at a time to see if you can identify a bad one.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Think you'll probably have to take the bumper off to do it. Remember that the sensors won't come on if the tailgate is open. Caught me out a couple of times! ;0)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Is there not a crude test that you can do to check any of them are at least transmitting, like touching them with a wetted finger?

I keep meaning to try this out on our cars - just in case it is just an urban myth, before I need to use in earnest, though I do have VCDS and Carista so I do have better ways to check what the parking controller thinks is wrong.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.