Rear small window leak

Oct 31, 2022
Hello, I have a 2018 Seat Leon Estate, I noticed a terrible mould/damp smell forming in the car and had discovered the passenger front and rear footwell was soaked. I done a few hose tests as I thought it would be coming in from the door.

I then discovered the rear passenger seat soaked. It has been coming through near the small rear window at the back between the passenger window and the boot. I'm not sure if this is coming from the roof bars or the seal of the window itself but when I sprayed it with the hose the fabric on the roof was becoming wet and I could see the water coming in.

Does anyone know where the leak could be and a possible fix / roughly cost? The car is booked for a service & mot on Wednesday so I will get them to check and advise then too.

I'll attach a picture.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20221031_134405.jpg
    IMG_20221031_134405.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 120

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
Have you got sunroof? Could be either as you mention but not aware of issues in those areas. Sunroof is a know problem with the drain tubes blocking up.

Oct 31, 2022
Have you got sunroof? Could be either as you mention but not aware of issues in those areas. Sunroof is a know problem with the drain tubes blocking up.
Yes I do have a sunroof I've had a go with pouring the water over it but it seems to be draining fine, seems to be the small window seals possibly or the roof bars, it's going into the garage tomorrow so hopefully get it sorted

nd_cento

Feb 11, 2010
I had something similar just after covid, where the front left footwear was soaked with water.

It turned out that the pipework for the rear washer comes down the lower A pillar to a join and then goes back up the A pilar up and across the roof to the rear, this had become loose.

The rear washer was working but not 100%, with the rest of the water ending up in the footwear, if your rear washer is similar, might be the same issue causing the water ingress.

Remove the trim (there is a little clip at the back of the bonnet release holding it in place), and see if the pipework has become dislodged.

Hope that helps

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members