rear spoiler

simpa

hello all got the btcc kit on my mk2 leon thinking about changing my boot spoiler an ideas and will it fix in same holes cheers

simpa

thanks all does that mean it will be a nightmare to get off lol

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
The spoiler has provisions to be glued to the glass as well. At least the spoiler I got had to be glued to both the metal and the glass. As far as I know my spoiler was genuine spoiler from the aero kit, so your spoiler should be the same. The removal means that the glue must be scraped from the metal (which means it should be painted at the points of contact) as well as from the glass (with no harm)

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
The spoiler has provisions to be glued to the glass as well. At least the spoiler I got had to be glued to both the metal and the glass. As far as I know my spoiler was genuine spoiler from the aero kit, so your spoiler should be the same. The removal means that the glue must be scraped from the metal (which means it should be painted at the points of contact) as well as from the glass (with no harm)

Safer to use the adhesive remover D 002 000 10-. as shown in the workshop manual

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga

bonding to the glass, you run the risk of the glass cracking under expansion and contraction...

but thats a whole other issue:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.