Rear window demister

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Anyone else find the rear window demister is rubbish? I often switch mine on and drive for 10mins and it doesn't seem to have cleared the window at all.

Anyone else's the same or is mine just really slow?

kevj66

Aug 5, 2014
The mirrors are controlled independantly of the heated rear screen.

You need to turn the electric window joystick round to face the front of the car - thats the heating position.

Should be confirmed on a tech pack model on the current consumers screen as mirror heating

Hope this helps :)

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Mine seems to clear the window ok, but not sure if the heated mirrors are working, can they be set to off, independent of the rear screen.:confused:

Forget the bit about mirrors, I forgot the switch has to be set to the heated bit. Just been leaving the switch set to the mid position, as I am sure in the Ibiza I never did anything other than put the heated screen on.:lol:

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
The mirrors are controlled independantly of the heated rear screen.

You need to turn the electric window joystick round to face the front of the car - thats the heating position.

Should be confirmed on a tech pack model on the current consumers screen as mirror heating

Hope this helps :)

Didn't know that - thanks !!

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
HRW seems to work OK on our FR but running the A/C at full blast through the face-level vents only will clear it quicker. ;)

True...but no good when the temperature dips and the A/C resorts to pumping moist air round the car. The HRW on the Mk 3's does seem to be a bit average.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Mine must be normal. It seems to take ages to start and then once it starts to clear (after about 15mins) it clears quite quickly.

Buzzlightyear

Mar 17, 2014
Another vote for crap from me. Can't believe how long it takes to clear, and notice only seems to clear around the horizontal elements. Vertical elements don't appear to heat/have any effect. Is that normal or could there be an issue here which would explain why some report good and others bad?

Buzzlightyear

Mar 17, 2014
I'm not sure if they're part of the aerial or not, but if it there was ever a choice between a small roof aerial and a rear windscreen de-mister that worked efficiently I know which I 'd prefer...

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
This morning 3 degrees and damp, and within 2 miles and 3 mins the rear window was completely clear, I have changed no settings, the cars is as supplied. The vertical "elements" are the arial and have made no differance to clearing time compared to my last two Biza Cupras.

Deleted member 95757

New Leon FR Mk3. I have a 20 minute drive to work and the heated rear screen isn't able to clear the rear window in that time. For a new car this is rubbish - perhaps there's some guidance in the manual somewhere that says you have to drive at leat 100 miles to allow the rear screen to clear ;)

Tony

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members