Recirc valve/dump valve

Bam225

Jun 26, 2017
Hi all need a little help had a remap and supposedly ive got stage 2 revo(if this is true)saying 270bhp but on 2 occassions no turbo so spoke to the mapper and he said i need yellow spring which ive purchased and its half the size compare to the standard silver one in the dump valve or recirc valve(unsure which it is)
So how do i find out if its a recirc valve or dump valve?
Which size spring do i need lol
And is the mapper chatting it as ive only got the valve and an air ram fikter and enclosure
Thankyou all

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

tanto

Oct 16, 2016
hello recirc and blow off valves are both being called dump valves as they both dump pressure from the system a blow off valve will have a port open to the air a recirc has its ports hosed into the boost and vacuum systems if it is a forge valve check thier website for the psi ratings for each spring as for the map i would be asking the mapper for printouts of your car from the mapping session as proof of the map bhp and torque values

Bam225

Jun 26, 2017
Ok cheers (supposedly) this is what im trying to find out

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Was it a guy with a laptop or a company? Do you have a boost gauge What does it peak and hold at psi wise?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bam225

Jun 26, 2017
Ive got the torque app and unless ive set it up wrong i cant seem to get past 219bhp and ive told him this and hes positive i need this yellow spring

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I'd go with a stock diverter valve myself as there good enough for the job. Torque app is a good but like I found out it only guesses what it should be. Sort the spring out and see what happens but I doubt it's off by that much.
Was it a company that mapped it? Or mapped before you got it?

Bam225

Jun 26, 2017
Been on forve website and i order the small yellow spring is this the wrong spring

Bam225

Jun 26, 2017
never seen him went through car spa

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Quite a read,lol.

To the OP,If this was the guy/company that mapped your car then i would be getting rid of the map and getting a proper one put on asap before you blow your motor up.
Funny what Google thrown up about that name. Some really good and then this lol, makes sense with his name changes

Bam225

Jun 26, 2017
Ok thanks,tbh bit pissed off but thanks for the info really appreciate it,ive messaged the middle man and staight away he offers me refund

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.