Recommend me a set of Carpet floor mats

NiFreaky

Apr 14, 2016
I've just picked up my 2015 184 FR and as it was a "used" car there were no floor mats included. The dealer said that as it was a SEAT fleet car mats are not normally included.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a set of mats and where to get them? I don't want the generic cheap hard nylon types and prefer the ones that actually feel like proper carpet. What are the OEM ones like? Do they have logos or coloured trims?

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
The SEAT supplied mats are very low budget, they are the thin cheap nylon jobs you mention, no logos or anything on mine.

I'm just about to order some myself, having looked around these look like good quality at sensible money.
1. Yourcarparts

2. Car Mats UK

Both similar prices delivered and options for piping and logos. Regular Black 1000g jobs will do for me, and I'll keep the originals for when I sell the car.
HTH

Last edited:

NiFreaky

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks for the suggestions. I went for the Ultimate with red leather trim from yourcarparts.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Thanks for the suggestions. I went for the Ultimate with red leather trim from yourcarparts.
I ordered mine last night too. Ultimate, with black edge, from the same place. Might get them tomorrow so will update with impressions for anyone else interested.

When I got the car I also bought a rubber bootliner to stop stuff sliding around and keep it clean.
It came from Poland, delivered in about a week, and is a perfect fit. Like any rubber mats it's worth leaving them in a garage/shed for a week before fitting as they smell "rubbery" :whistle: when first unpacked.
Well worth it IMO.

stb

May 10, 2016
the Netherlands
Quite strange that you buy a "new" car at a dealer and the floor mats are not included in my opinion... I bought a pair of FR carpet floormats with the FR logo and red stitches . I guess they aren't original but the quality is similar to my OEM mats.

Last edited:

NiFreaky

Apr 14, 2016
Mine arrived today and fit perfectly. The quality was exactly what I was after and the red trim really set them off with the red upholstery stitching. Just an observation though, the leather trim isn't leather, more like "pleather" but this doesn't bother me at all.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise