Recommended mods for Seat Ibiza MK2

effortless

Hey guys, me again :)

After installing the sub & amp, I now have lust for more mods to my 1.9 TDI :rock:

What exact parts would you guys recommend for an easy fit by a noob by myself?

I know its a broad question, but cheaper (as well as being effective) is better :)

Thanks!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Do some research dude!

http://www.alloyguide.com/ - will tell you the wheel fittings for the car.

Spacers, give em a search, widen your axle basically and give a better stance and handling. Ebay sell them

Coilovers, again search, have been covered numerous times. All depends what you're after, slamming for looks, comfort or track. Again, for cheap go to ebay!

effortless

Looks and handling would probably be what I'm looking for.

Sorry, I just know how to drive the car, forgive me if I don't know what anything is :)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Looks and handling would probably be what I'm looking for.

Sorry, I just know how to drive the car, forgive me if I don't know what anything is :)

haha don't worry about it, we all start somewhere :D

Just have a search round in the Mk2 section, there are plenty of threads and guides on everything lol.

effortless

dont go tail docking it :ban:

I won't, the back window gets far too messy as it is, I need a little squirt and wipe (that's what she said) now and again.

I've been poking around and seeing some peoples rides and they all look sweet, but I don't have tools etc to do what they do!

My biggest priority at the moment is speakers, but I don't know how to get the side door off and replace them!

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales
it depends what sort of look your going for... for example, ive gone for the cupra look so ive got 16" multispoke wheels from a valver, cupra tiger print interior, cupra spoiler and splitter, and ive dropped it on TA Technix coilovers which is the most popular choice for everyone on here...

i paid £80 for the wheels off another member on here (Dinky Dave) i got my coilies off ebay for £140, i got my splitter for £18 from Seat and £20 for my spoiler from ebay, also paid £130 for my interior from ebay :)

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
I won't, the back window gets far too messy as it is, I need a little squirt and wipe (that's what she said) now and again. :lol:

I've been poking around and seeing some peoples rides and they all look sweet, but I don't have tools etc to do what they do!

My biggest priority at the moment is speakers, but I don't know how to get the side door off and replace them!

:D good goood

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Yeah, we are a friendly bunch.

I think what Ieuan has listed makes sense - you can get a lot of the Cupra bits and pieces relatively cheaply as folks with GTis or Cupras upgrade. As he said, the original 16 inch wheels can be had quite cheaply and they make a good start.

When I did the stereo on my Ibiza, I had Pioneer Component speakers - they were a custom fit to match exactly the standard spacings. I sold those on eBay when I stripped everything off the car prior to tracking.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
nice set of wheels, 15-20mm wheel spacers, coilovers to start with, then im sure big pete will take it from here lol???;)

wheels
spacers
coilovers
strut braces
anti roll bars
decent rubber
poly bushes
colour code/ un cls your car
mk3 front end conversion
tiger stripe seats
gti lights
leccy windows

seriously

>>>>>>>>>>>>>SEARCH BUTTON<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Door cards unscrew and you need to pop the handle surround off with a flathead. then it lifts off. speakers are 16cm front door/4inch top of dash/5x7 rear parcel shelf

BUT MOST IMORTANT OF ALL GET RID OF THE REAR WIPER!!!!!

Last edited:

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales

Easy peasy! Trust me... do you have pockets in your door? If so, there's a little screw on the corner of the speaker grill, have a feel around for it... Unscrew that with a stubby screwdriver, prise off the grill with a little screwdriver, then off it comes to reveal your speaker. There should be 2-4 screws holding the driver in place... Hope it helps! :)

(Note - if you're thinking of getting speakers with larger baskets, be sure not to damage the weather sheet behind, don't want water coming in!)

effortless

Here is my door, I couldn't find any screws :/

i54.tinypic.com/15yxg92.jpg

(I can't post a pic because I haven't posted 15 or more)

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
I can't see it very clearly on the picture, but under the speaker grill and on the "front" of the speaker grill(front as in side towards the front of the car) near the top there should be some gaps(seperate panels from the doorpocket)... If that's the case: For me, on the(in the pic) bottom left corner there was a screw holding the speaker cover in place(although it looks like mine were bodged in later or something...), so unscrew that, and do a bit of fiddling with a flat screwdriver between the gaps to take the cover off...

If there isn't a screw, but there are gaps: same thing really...

If the gaps aren't there, I suppose you it's one piece with the door pocket on yours, and you'll have to take that off too.. But really, I have no idea wheither you need to take your whole doorcard off or not... Maybe you can just take it off with a flat screwdriver and some bodging, but might damage the doorcard... Anyway, the doorcard is held on click- things, I see you don't have a windowwinder, but if you do: you need to take the windowwinder off by pushing the ring around it...

Why didn't Seat just make all these interiors the same? Would be so much easier! :p

EDIT: :/ Ok I see I'm slow at typing lol