Recon Turbos and Upgrade Questions

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi.
As my turbo is on the way out it has to be replaced before it damages other parts when it lets go.
New is optimal but probably beyond budget.
Recon sounds best.
Anyone heard of Turbo Developments in Bedford?
I've been told they are a decent firm using quality components.
Does anyone have part number on the KO4 for the Bam engine?
I was told there are various versions.
What other mods are necessary for a stage 2 set up, if I add an upgraded turbo?
the car has Badger5 tip and induction kit with heat shield, a custom exhaust with over 3" down pipe 200 cell cat 3" through to a 2.5" final section. etc but otherwise stock.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
http://badger5.biz/epages/3927bc2c-...6485-4739-96a5-d6cca869fcd6/Products/K04-chra
This is what you need for a turbo rebuild. The part is pretty cheap for a genuine item and you could swap it out yourself but I don't know if she will need balancing after...badger could answer this in more detail.
Stage 2, you will need a fmic and that's about it. An extra "cold feed" to that cone wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
http://badger5.biz/epages/3927bc2c-...6485-4739-96a5-d6cca869fcd6/Products/K04-chra
This is what you need for a turbo rebuild. The part is pretty cheap for a genuine item and you could swap it out yourself but I don't know if she will need balancing after...badger could answer this in more detail.
Stage 2, you will need a fmic and that's about it. An extra "cold feed" to that cone wouldn't hurt.

Ok. Cheers.
No need for forged rods or up rated injectors, catch can?

Sent using The Force

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Stage two on a stock ko4 is the last stage before rods need to be done.
BUT..the torque stage two can be a rod bending experience as you're pushing you're luck already so driving it hard imo is asking for trouble.
Pop and bang/hardcut/launch control whatever you want to call it, requires rods and valves as most good tuners won't add this on stock setup.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.