Remap for FR TD

Taipan

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Yes I have searched!!:D

Bought a black FR today and I dont know much about diesel remaps.
Has anyone tried GIAC?
What are everyones opinions on different maps?
Looking forward to doubling my Mpg ;)

sdownie1

Jul 23, 2008
scotland
Dont think you will double your MPG with a remap but ive had Superchips Bluefin for around 6 months now with good results (better mpg) no DPF problems and better performance.I think of all the FR TDI remaps superchips seem to have the least problems but this is just my opinion................................................. :)

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Yes I have searched!!:D

Bought a black FR today and I dont know much about diesel remaps.
Has anyone tried GIAC?
What are everyones opinions on different maps?
Looking forward to doubling my Mpg ;)
The only way your double the mpg is switching off the engine!!@@@!, I have had Super Chips remap for 2yrs now and no problems - these engines are NOT economical if used like they are ment to be driven!! best mpg was 45 worst was 31

splatrat

Oct 5, 2008
stoke on trent
mine is booked in at PSI tuning sat coming (26th) for a green cotton panel filter, quick shift gear linkage and a custom code re-map.

what are peoples opinions on the custom code map?

yogi896

Not an FR I know but had Superchips Bluefin on my 2.0 TDI for the last month. Only slightly better mpg (42 average now 38 before) but a huge difference in general. Slightly gutless low end feeling when pulling away on light throttle has gone, as a plus the DSG seems to hunt less between gears as well. £370 well spent IMHO.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.