remap/rolling road querie

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
Hi, been struggling with this now for a few montjs.
i'll start with the spec of my car-
ko3s turbo.
forge intake pipe
miltec d.p and race cat
scorpion cat back
induction kit
forge 007p dv with green spring
n2449 bypassed.
laguna fmic
had it mapped at chippeduk and had a few probs on the way, took it back down there again yesterday and we solved the problem of the flat spot between 3-4k. so put it on his rolling road,but with it being rediculously low it ground out on his rollers, so he put some wood under the subframe to raise the car slightly :confused:
the rr print out was just 202 at the fly and 226 ft/ib torque not what i was expecting by a long shot.he says its low because its not putting full load on the rollers correctly.he says it feels loads faster then that and to be honets after having a litle rollingdrag race with a other cupra running a similar spec revo stage 2 but no fmic , just last week, when inwas pretty cold anyway, he said i was pulling away from him and he was struggling to keep near me.
i know rolling roads are just figures to shout about down the pub and it does drive well but i just want to make sure its all how it should be.
sorry for the long winded post but hope someone can put my mind at rest.

Thanks Alec

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
what boost are you running? the fact that you don't have a FMIC won't be helping at all.

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
i have got a front mount mate the laguna one. my spec is at the top the one i had a little run with didnt hae a front mount.

it peaks about 24psi then settle to about 16 then by 6k its about 12-14 psi.

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
to me that does seem quite low, 202 bhp at the fly would equate to around 180 at the wheels.......mines 188.6 bhp and i dont have k03s, fmic or dp. try raising the suspension and taking it back, if its that low, how do drive around?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
crashing it down on the rollers when its too low certainly wasn't a brilliant idea. and almost certainly voided the results.

for piece of mind if you truly need to see a figure then you'll have to raise the suspension if its adjustable. you can usually tell if the car is running right or not and dont need an RR to tell you

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
im suprised they ran it raised on the rollers to be honest......surely it would be trying to jump off all the time, i know they strap the car down but if it was my car id be seeing bad things happening......

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
yeah that is very strange. mine made 232bhp @ the wheels from a similar spec to yours. lol

andycupra

status subject to change
given these engines are load dependant im not surprised the figures are not better given the technique used to get the car on the rollers.
id ask for another run for free given hes admitted the figures are clearly wrong.

you need to raise the suspension / jack it up and put some spring spacers in just for the rolling road. (some places supply these for this purpose)

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
its on coilovers and yes its seriously low, but still doesnt much.
i'll raise it up then take it back or for the sake of it i might just take it some where more local, as he charged £40 plus it took £25 of fuel to get there, for £30 i can get it rr about 10mins from where i live.
the only reason i took it there was he was sorting the mapping fault.

as for how it drives it pulls really hard and i manage to embarrase many a fast car, i just want peace of mind that its all finally sorted before it heads to the bodyshop on friday.

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
yeah the mapping fault is all sorted. he also said it had an earth fault on the car and sugested i fit a new earth cable from engine to earth.
i haven't really had time to take it out properly yet, as soon as i do i'll let you know how it goes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.