Remapping the 140 TDi.

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
Has anyone plumped for a remap on the 140CR motor yet??

I like the idea of it, but I'm not convinced about the torque loadings on the DMF/clutch assemblies and turbocharger.

How sophisticated are these maps, is the injection timing changed throughout the map for best efficiency, or is it just a function of more rail pressure, duration and boost over the second half of the map?

Cheers
Conks

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Take a look in the Sponsors Section on here mate, in particular Revo Technik.

The Power/Torque curve looks very impressive for the 2.0 TDi (143). With a major hike in the torque from 2000rpm upwards, which is where I feel the Exeo is lacking in standard form.

It just need that bit more 'umph', as I call it, especially for in-gear acceleration in 6th from 60-70mph (16000-2000rpm) upwards.

I'm not sure on the full technical details on how the power/torque gains are acheived, but take a look at Revo's website for more details.

If you're quick, Revo have got a £100 discount on at present, which finishes on Sunday (11th) April ;)

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
I did have a quick look at the Revo website, amongt others but was wondering if anyone had had it done and what the thoughts were, I just got a bit carried away with the techie stuff :)

Might ask some questions on the tuning forums.

Conks

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
No-one on here that I'm aware of, has had it done on their Exeo as yet :(

I've tried having a search on the Audi forums to see if any of the A4 (B8) drivers have posted up any reviews, as it's the same engine, but haven't found any yet!

I think the 2.0 TDi CR engine is also being used in the newer Golf's, A3's etc as well, but obviously they would perform differently to the Exeo due to the size/weight of the car.

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Guys,
Bought my Exeo 170ST Sport new back in September. 2 Days later it was in Superchips having the Bluefin unit reprogrammed from Stage 2 Leon K1 Cupra to 170PS diesel. Now the Exeo churns out 200 ish BHP & 300lb ft of torque. Averages 45 mpg & goes like stink.

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
A bit has research has uncovered that the turbo and DMF are different items for the 140 and 170 motors.

Proceed with caution!

Conks

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
I had the 140 2.0 A3 TDI DSG Sport had that remapped to 180 and bugger me did it go. Some cocky git in a A4 2.5 TDI tried to push me down a dual carriage way so when i was safe to do so i floored it and left it in my dust, i just saw the look on his face in my rear view mirror as i pulled away.

I have just part ex'd that for a 09 Exeo SE lUX 170 and that pulss nearly as good but its a bigger car so wasnt expecting it to be better.

If you can find a reputable remapper i would go for it. I had a money back option on mine and a 12 month warranty on parts if it damaged anything.

I hope that helps